Regional Educator Description
Supervisor Title: Director of Education
Location: Field Education/Remote
Section 2: Job Summary
The Regional Educator (RE) has the responsibility to effectively execute education for the brand within their region. The Regional Educator supports sales through education execution for their top accounts, participation in new partnership activities, growing in salon market share in existing accounts as well as recruit artists based on territory analysis. The Regional Educator is responsible for creating the ideal adult learning environment to help hairdressers become inspired and promote loyalty to their brand through implementation of in-salon or regional classes, and all other shows and events in their territory.
Section 3: Job Requirements:
- High School graduate. College graduates a plus.
- Current licensed cosmetologist with min. 5 years industry experience
- Superior technical hairdressing
- Superior sales and communication skills
- Ability to analyze client business objectives and propose a solution that benefits both the brand and the client
- Knowledge of business and educational aspects of Salon Centric / distributor organization
- An understanding of Salon Centric / Distributor educational planning as it relates to class policies, use of field, and contract trainers
- Ability to adhere to budgets, for all field training activity and T&E
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong coaching skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must live in designated geographical territory
- Ability to travel extensively (minimum 50%)
- Ability to be flexible and accept change and be a team player
Key Understandings and Commitments:
- Understand and embrace the L’Oreal/PPD and brand Culture and Philosophy.
- Full comprehension of the Brand Education philosophy and training methodology.
- Participate in all corporate events inclusive of Divisional Meetings and Sales meetings.
- Support all brand events, special accounts and shows as directed.
- Upholds L’Oreal policies and procedures for all working relationships with salons.
- Attends and participates in all Brand Artist Trainings.
- Maintains technical competence under L’Orea/PPD standards.
- Attends divisional meetings and sales meetings as directed.
- Maintain the Brand Image as defined by the NYO.
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making:
This position requires intermittent supervision as incumbent will be working independently the majority of the time in the field directly with our brand, distributor and account partners.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements
Extensive travel within given territory (driving, flying, train, etc.), lifting of promotional materials and products up to 25 pound which may also require bending.
Section 6: Financial Scope
Annual Revenue Responsibility: 10% growth of territory
Section 7: Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.Total should = 100%
- TERRITORY EDUCATION MANAGEMENT:
Achieve, exceed annual education objectives and key strategic metrics and management of T&E budget
Education Management of Existing Business:
- Expert knowledge of top customers, industry and market
- Lead the execution of the education plans for all top level accounts to drive sales and increase in salon market share.
- Execution of National education initiatives including ticket sales for all ticketed events.
- Provide quarterly updates to top level accounts communicating new brand products and initiatives.
- Facilitate the following classes per needs of the salons and the territory: Fundamental Classes, ISMS classes, Salon Emotion, the Brand Story (as defined by the New York office) and digital / social media classes. This combined with New Business Education needs to equal at least 30 classes a month.
- Expand brand education reach through social media and education events
New Business Education Development:
- Work in collaboration with SD’s, SalonCentric and DSS to determine the appropriate education strategy to achieve conversion in the most productive manner.
- Execute education plan for new partnership conversions.
- Facilitate the following classes per needs of the salons and the territory: Fundamental Classes, Salon Emotion, the Brand Story (as defined by the New York office) and digital / social media classes. This combined with Existing Business needs to equal at least 30 classes a month.
- Participate in New Partnership Events as the education lead of the event.
- ARTIST RECRUITMENT, TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Knowledge and communication of artist landscape through territory analysis of education needs in the market.
- Identify new artists in key markets where support is needed to grow existing business or in areas of high growth opportunity.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT:
- Participate in monthly artist calls to update on key priorities and education / sales initiatives as established by the New York office.
- Work in partnership with the sales team to actively participate in sales training as established by the New York Office.
- Actively participate in education / sales training as established by the brand VP of Education.
- Monthly education status commentary for territory
- Keep Outlook calendar current
- EMS event entry for field/education activities utilizing SalesForce.com
- T&E submitted in a timely manner as per policy
- Complete necessary tracking as per request utilizing MS Office programs such as Excel
- Pre/Post Key Meetings Recaps
Section 8: Required Competencies:
1. Sensitivity to Metier
2. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship
3. Achieves Results, with Integrity
4. Manages Complexity
5. Leads with Human Sensitivity
6. Interacts Effectively
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.