Función Laboral: Investigación
Tipo de contrato: Jornada Completa
Ubicación: Shanghai - Shanghai
Reporting to the Vice President, Safety Evaluation and Regulatory Affairs, the successful candidate of Regulatory & Scientific Director, Asia will have full functional responsibilities, including managing and leading a network of Scientific and Regulatory Affairs departments within the region in line with the Group’s Regulatory strategy and the requirements of each country and overall zone.
The successful candidate will have the following priorities:
Regulatory Affairs: Provide overall strategic functional direction and set objectives for the Regulatory Affairs and Scientific departments in Asia, partnering closely with the in-country based colleagues to continuously improve and upgrade processes and practices as a whole. Deal with the organization of Regulatory Survey and Analysis, Impact Analysis, Regulatory Conformity and Registration Dossiers for ingredients and finished products, specifically for China, Korea, Japan and India.
External Influence: Give short term and long term benefit for the Asia business by influencing and shaping the regulatory environment based on needs, priorities and regional direction; reinforce and strengthen relationships with key external stakeholders and promote regional convergence shaping future regulations. Proactively monitor changes in the regulatory environment at the Asia and international level and provide insights and recommendations on how to address appropriately.
Strategic Partnership with Authorities: Build the strategic partnership and alliance through setting up long term cooperative platforms and programs with authorities, associations and the academic world; to build their capabilities on in country legislation, technical standards and supervision systems for the cosmetics industry. Represent L’Oreal in dealings with local authorities and provide assistance, as needed, for Country Scientific Directors, acting as a leading figure and subject matter expert.
Global Effectiveness: Advance the comprehensive and timely insights about Asia’s regulatory policy to Headquarters, particularly China, and leverage the regional and country organizations’ supports internally and externally; develop this platform to facilitate communication internally and transfer knowledge within the Company. Lead cross disciplinary projects initiated within the technical-regulatory network as needed.
Organizational Excellence: Ensure to have a solid and comprehensive orientation, cultivate leadership and talents to achieve L’Oreal’s mission; defining and launching training programs to build expertise on international regulatory legislation and know-how within the Group and global strategies. Ensure the functional team organization and skills match the needs of the country and region, working closely with the respective leaders. Act as an advisor in managing crisis situations if they occur.
The successful candidate will receive intensive training within L’Oreal’s International Technico-Regulatory Group in Paris at different periods in the first couple of years to ensure strong alignment and connection with headquarters. Based on his/her contributions, this individual will be considered a strong candidate to succeed Mr. Claudio Pari in the future.
The ideal candidate for Regulatory Affairs & Scientific Director, Asia will need the following competencies to succeed:
Functional Competency, as illustrated by:
· Will be both a strategist and tactician possessing a demonstrated track record in developing a roadmap in Regulatory Affairs within Asia/China; must be a functional subject matter expert. Must be able to outline and execute functional agenda and initiatives in partnership with the business, corporate function and Headquarters.
· Displays an ability to monitor and report on emerging developments and regulatory affairs, including introduction of new legislation and/or regulations of importance to L’Oreal’s strategic decisions. Then exhibit capability to advice on specific legislative issues and related crisis management.
· Demonstrates networking and background and proposal-specific lobbying. Shows active participation in meetings, conferences, business lunches, receptions etc and continuously builds contacts with relevant external and internal stakeholders to identify and address issues as warranted.
Collaboration and Influencing Skills as evidenced by:
· Self motivated person who empowers and inspires high performance teams; can influence by means of logic/rationale backed by analysis and data as opposed to leveraging authority and directive command.
· An effective communicator and networker who have an ability to express him/herself clearly, provide clarity and alignment in everything he/she does, and proactively collaborates with business and functional stakeholders to define and implement a holistic approach to Regulatory and Scientific Affairs in Asia.
· Contribute to an energized environment with high morale and ethics based on the defined business and functional strategy and focused on teamwork and alliance building capabilities in a matrix organization. A team player who is trustworthy, reliable, and competent.
Personal Attributes, as supported by:
· A passionate and persistent individual who has demonstrated that he/she can thrive in rapidly changing, fast growing and fluid environment; possesses high level of professional and personal integrity, positive energy, and a sense of winning, coupled with flexibility, sensitivity and openness in approach.
· Exhibits high ethics and grounded judgment when making decisions, including demonstration of sticking to core company values and code of conduct. Takes appropriate risks and follows through on commitment despite difficulties or complications.
· A leader who brings optimism and excitement to others, with an ability to present himself/herself professionally and confidently in large public forums, including representation in the cosmetic community and at the senior levels of the government and public community.
The location will be based in Shanghai, China, but will require frequent travel within Asia.