The world leader in cosmetics, L’Oréal is present in 150 countries on five continents. Our 35 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men globally. Our ambition is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by inventing the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal supports diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products, and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 78% since 2005.
The DNA of L’Oréal is Innovation and we are driven by a real passion for the future. Our Research and Innovation Centres in India are the sixth innovation hub for L’Oréal worldwide to fuel local market innovations.
The distance between beauty and tech is closing rapidly, and we are determined to be pioneers in this new beauty tech world. New digital technologies and services are making the world of beauty move faster than ever before. Data and artificial intelligence are opening new horizons for personalization and customization. By incorporating digital into everything that we do, we are creating a better relationship with our consumers.
When beauty and tech collide, the impossible can happen!
In our journey, we are looking for talented individuals who can lead us on this mission.
Would you like to be a part of the adventure?
We have a suitable opportunity in L'Oréal India Supply chain for the position of National Logistics and Warehousing Manager. In this People Manager role, you will be responsible for overseeing L’Oréal’s Distribution Centre operations, audits & compliance, pan-India. You should have 10+ years of professional experience with FMCG or a related Industry. The location of the job will be at the L’Oreal India Head Office at Mumbai.
- Monitoring day to day Distribution Centre operations in line with L’Oréal business requirements and standards.
- Interface sales channels, customers, Fiscal, Legal, IMPEX, Finance & control, and service providers at local level.
- Team coaching, development, and management of off role/3PL resources.
- Monthly monitoring and reporting of warehousing cost in line with budget. Driving cost reduction initiative while improving customer SLA
- 3PL operations KPI and performance Monitoring. Monthly operational and quarterly Business reviews.
- RCA and CAPA of operational issues and customer claims in a view to improve and strengthen L’Oréal process and warehouse operations.
- Implementation of lean warehousing and operations, Daily management, 5S etc. to meet and exceed global standards
- Preparing & Publishing of MIS reports as required by Management.
- Audit Compliance as per L’Oréal Policies – Inventory, Social, EHS & Internal Audits.
- Monitoring and managing value added service at 3 PL sites.
- Responsible for understanding the intricacies of the external 3rd party operations and acting as L’Oréal’s primary subject matter expert in this area.
- Continuously provide Commercial Trade, Quality Assurance, Supply Chain, Warehouse & Logistics, and other functional areas with operational and analytical support.
- Provide mentorship to direct reports, including employee development plans, and cultivate a healthy work environment where employees feel valued and respected
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers in line with L’Oréal policies.
- Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements.
- Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs
- Resolve problems concerning execution at distribution Centre, customer issue and transportation issues.
- Ensure the integrity of inventory accuracy and manage stock movements with the help of direct reports.
- Ensure that all functions under supervision operate in accordance with health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors.
- At least 10 years of proven working experience in Warehousing/Distribution/logistics
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Ability to manage multiple, complex requests and changing priorities at short notice under time pressure
- A resilient individual who is both persistent and influential and can negotiate and persuade others to their point of view
- Ability to empower and lead a team; supervising and mentoring staff; setting expectations and performance evaluation
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Strong initiative and demonstrated ability to interface effectively with colleagues at all level of the organization and work cross-culturally.
- Internally – various functions like Supply & Distribution Planning teams of different business divisions (Consumer, Professional & Luxury Product divisions), Factory & Warehouse Operation Team, Customer Service teams, Procurement, Manufacturing, Sales, Auditors, Legal, Accounts & Finance teams
- Externally – 3PL / DC, Transport Vendors, Consumable Suppliers
Physical Demands (e.g. % travel):
- Travel will be need based
- Post-Graduation. MBA in Logistics or Supply Chain from a premium B-School is preferred.
L’Oréal is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. L’Oréal closely prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.