Who are we?
We wake up every morning because there is excitement in knowing that everyone we work with has a tremendous impact on a larger vision. We empower billions of people to be the canvas for self-expression inspiring confidence and self-belief every day. When they feel good, we feel good. It's contagious! That’s why we surround ourselves with other 82 000 L'Oréal driven thinkers and doers to spark innovation and build a true leading brand powerhouse offering beauty for all across 36 international brands and 140 countries.
When we create a product or experience that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something. Something that will win the hearts and minds of another billion.
As the Head of Data Privacy Zone, you are responsible for promoting, coordinating, supporting and monitoring Data Privacy compliance across the South Asia-Pacific Middle East and North Africa Zone in close collaboration with countries, Zone and Group teams.
You will ...
Promote, Coordinate and Monitor Data Privacy Compliance Across the Zone
- Coordinate Countries to ensure consistency across the Zone with the Group Data Privacy program
- Support and facilitate implementation of the Group Data Privacy program in the Zone
- Liaise with Zone functions (such as Zone IT, Zone Digital, Zone HR) to address Countries’ feedback on implementation of the Data Privacy program
- Perform data privacy assessments for Zone projects
- Coordinate any cross-border data privacy related issue (such as any personal data breach) with other relevant functions and Group DPO
- Monitor data privacy compliance across the Zone through dashboard and KPIs (e.g., registers, contracts, cookies, data subject requests, data breaches)
Lead and Strategize at Zone Level
Support Countries’ Implementation of their own Data Privacy Programs
- Report regularly to Zone Management Committee on the Data Privacy program, evolution of regulations and risk exposure across the Zone
- Give guidance to the Zone Management Committee on how to structure, document and review commercial activity to allow for compliant, efficient and secure processing of personal data
- Develop and animate the Data Privacy community within the Zone
- Share best practices within the Zone
- Provide practical guidance on Data Privacy day-to-day issues
- Regularly update Countries with the status of the Group Data Privacy program
Liaise with Group Data Privacy Community
- Monitor and inform of the evolution of data privacy regulations across the Zone
- Inform and support Group Data Privacy community on Data Privacy compliance across the Zone
- Liaise and coordinate with Group DPO and other Group Data Privacy stakeholders
- Member of the Global Data Privacy Steering Committee
You have/ are ...
- Skilled in Data Privacy regulations and practices across the Zone [professional certification preferred]
- Ability to coordinate among key stakeholders and manage relationships at multiple levels
- Strong communication skills to work in a diverse and multi-national environment
- Ability to manage cross-border projects
- Preference for qualified lawyer (with an active license if qualified in a US, UK or Commonwealth jurisdiction)