L’Oréal is the world’s largest cosmetic company with the highest investment in R&I in the industry. Founded in 1909 by a young chemist, Eugene Schueller, L’Oréal continues to excel in science and innovation. L’Oréal’s Research and Innovation employs over 4,000 people of approximately 60 nationalities. Working in some thirty disciplines, more than half of these employees have doctorates or engineering degrees, and they are responsible for about 600 patents filed per year.
Scientist-Consumer Claims, Clark, NJ
We are seeking a creative Scientist to join our dynamic Consumer Claims Group. As a key member of the team you’ll design, coordinate and execute consumer advertising claims studies for our upcoming makeup and skincare product launches. Synthesize complex data upon study completion and present your findings and recommendations to senior leadership. You will work cross functionally with the Makeup and Skincare Labs, Product Evaluation Team, Safety and Regulatory Team and Marketing.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Who are you?
- Bachelors or above in Consumer Science, Psychology or related field
- 3-5 years Consumer Research experience, preferably in advertising claims
- Experience coordinating product testing in-house and with outside vendors
- Ability to independently collaborate and negotiate with vendors
- Project management experience with multiple projects and varying priorities
- Ability to influence others in order to ensure needs from lab and scientific liaison are met
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in drafting screeners for recruitment and working closely with Logistics to ensure proper recruitment is completed.
- Survey/questionnaire research and design
- Study design and methodology development
- Computer proficiency: Excel, Power-Point, Word, Outlook, Sigma Plot, SIMS
- Statistical analysis/interpretation
- Scientific writing/ report writing
- Experience with cosmetics, skin care and personal care products
You are a Self-Starter who loves to drive projects from start to finish in a fast paced deadline driven environment. You are flexible, motivated, and proactive with strong attention to detail; you thrive under pressure and can change direction with ease whenever necessary.
If you have a love for Consumer Products and the scientific expertise in Consumer Claims we’d love to hear from you!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.