Do you want to use instrumental analyses to support the development of the latest in skin care products?
Then L'Oreal Research and Innovation (R&I) might be exactly the place you have always been looking for.
For more than one hundred years, L’Oréal believes that Beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, dependable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal Research and Innovation has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800+ L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
Inside L’Oréal’s Research & Innovation Division, Product Performance Evaluation is responsible for working with our over 35 brands, marketing, and scientists to design studies, collect feedback, and make important conclusions regarding our products using the latest instruments, methodologies, and techniques. We value the development of products that consumers find innovative, reliable, and sustainable. Whether it’s a product from one of our luxury brands, our professional products, or our consumer brands, we provide rigorous testing to ensure our consumers are getting the safest and highest quality products and experiences.
We are currently seeking a creative Scientist to join our Instrumental and Clinical Claims Team located at our Clark, New Jersey facility for Research and Innovation. In this role, you will be a key member of the team who will work on claims and clinical testing. Your results will aid in product formulation, innovation testing, and instrumental testing for skin care products manufactured by L’Oreal USA.
- Support product launches, with instrumental testing to give support to formulation and innovation studies for skin care products.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to design, coordinate, and execute appropriate clinical studies on skincare products to support claims substantiation
- Collaborate with labs, international colleagues, and other evaluation teams to determine which testing methods are needed
- Maintain instrumentation and laboratory equipment and ensures proper operation/maintenance documentation
- Analyze instrumental test data and write reports/memos to clearly communicate findings and share information with colleagues
- Effectively communicate and presents results to relevant stakeholders, both experts and non-experts alike
- Work on expanding internal knowledge of skin, including executing research studies when needed
- Drive projects from inception to completion with quality, timeliness, and professionalism; with excellent attention to detail
- Prioritize projects workload with supervisor, performs project tracking and scheduling
- A minimum of a completed Bachelor's Degree with 3-5 years of relevant working experience is required; OR a completed Master's Degree with 1-3 years of relevant working experience; preferred areas of study include Biological, Physical or Material Sciences, Chemistry, Psychology, Chemical Engineering or Bio-Engineering, Bioinformatics or related fields
- Knowledge of US/ international cosmetics and OTC regulations a plus
- Experience coordinating product testing with outside vendors a plus
- Strong statistical background and knowledge a plus
- Capable of working in a matrix organization, including strong teamwork skills a must
- Technical writing skills a must
- Experience with experimental lab work and equipment maintenance and troubleshooting a must
- Experience with Instron, Corneometer, FTIR, contact angle, Spectrophotometer, Chromameter, Cutometer, TEWL measurement, 3D modeling/printing, friction and/or tack measurements, shine measurement, clinical photography, and/or Visia a plus
- Must be proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- An established self-awareness, in terms of understanding your own culture, identity, biases, prejudices, power privilege, and stereotypes.
- Someone with excellent interpersonal, communication (written/oral), and organizational skills
- Someone who can work on several complex projects at the same time with flexibility and organization
- Someone who has a scientific curiosity and passion for consumer products
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.