For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
In our newly redesigned organization, the role of the Discovery Domain is to identify and develop disruptive technologies that will address future consumer needs and transform the beauty industry in more sustainable and disruptive ways. The function is responsible for developing mechanistic insights and hair fiber knowledge to enable identification of new Actives, materials and formulations, including anti-oxidants, bioactives, Smart Materials, composites etc. in partnership with other domains such as Invention Domain, Application Domains and Product Development Domains. As a Global organization, the Discovery Domain is a Global function operating from many countries including France and L’Oréal USA is embedded in various strategic projects and leads many of them. A key measure of success for the Domain is to create knowledge based high performing materials and prototypes that are protected by strong, strategic and holistic intellectual property for the group. Working closely with cross functional teams, this position requires technical skills as well as a strong attitude for working in multi-expertise, multi-cultural teams with agility.
We are looking for a Scientist to join our Hair Fiber Discovery Domain team here in Clark, New Jersey to embark on this thrilling adventure. This technical position will require continuous learning and knowledge in Material Sciences, Chemistry, and experimental design/execution, and problem solving. This will allow one to express oneself within the entrepreneurial culture of the L’Oréal group and be part of the creation of beauty of the future.You Will . . .
You Have . . .
- Design and conduct experiments individually as well as with team, to validate hypothesis and performance targets
- Document experiments and observations in detail and communicate research findings to the Manager
- Interact with various groups within Domains of Invention, Domains of Application and Development, Safety, Regulatory and Claims (SRC), to ensure new materials and composites are meeting the needs of the broader priorities.
- Participate in discussions on generating hair fiber knowledge, new technologies and formulations and contribute to strengthening of projects
- Be expected to be an effective communicator across the organization to provide clear recommendations on various new Materials, actives and formulations to both scientific and non-scientific audiences
- B.S. in Chemistry, Biology or related field of science with 1-5 years of related work experience or Masters Degree in Chemistry, Biology or related field of science
- Experience in cosmetics/personal care/consumer healthcare/ chemical industries is a plus
- Excellent communication (verbal, written) and interpersonal skills required with high sensitivity to a very diverse global culture
- Demonstrated skills in analyzing, reporting and documenting information with attention to detail
- Authorization to work in the US on a permanent, ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
You Are . . .
- Ability to work independently in a matrix environment as a team member
- Well organized and flexible with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.