Sr. Buyer of Sourcing, Packaging Category Management – Pumps & Packaging Innovation Sourcing.
L’Oreal USA is a successful global beauty company with major brands like L’Oreal Paris, Maybelline, Garnier, Lancome, Kiehls, Clarisonic, Urban Decay, Redken and Matrix. We are currently recruiting for a Packaging/Component Sourcing Professional in our Clark, NJ location.
Pumps Category Management:
- Performs deep dive into understanding the consumer market and supply market for the categories and uses that intelligence to support business decisions and category strategy development.
- Performs deep dive into product category to thoroughly understand the cost drivers and value chain.
- Develops and manages sourcing strategy for a defined category portfolio.
- Leads and manages breakthrough operational efficiency projects.
- Leads cost reduction initiatives in the cost with cross functional teams.
- Actively benchmarks costs, suppliers, technologies and innovations of their categories internal and external markets.
- Leads the Supplier Relationship Management Program: Quality, Supply, Competitiveness, Innovation, Sustainability performance.
- Performs Category Risk assessments and mitigation plans.
- Development of sustainable sourcing projects including environmental and social responsibility.
Worldwide and Regional Coordination:
- Interfaces with sourcing partners in other zones to leverage L’Oreal’s portfolio
- Key role in developing WW best practices for Contract Manufacturing domain
Packaging Innovation Sourcing :
- Key player in between the L’Oréal’s Packaging Innovation, Fast Beauty Innovation, WW Innovation teams and Component Sourcing.
- Partner with Packaging Innovation, Fast Beauty Innovation teams to develop blue sky ideas and build strategies for breakthrough improvements in Time to Market.
- Develop the way of working with each key stakeholder (Packaging Innovation, Fast Beauty Innovation, WW Innovation teams ). Become the single point of contact from Americas Packaging Sourcing.
- Propose Business model to bridge Innovation needs vs usual suppliers (together with each Key Supplier Management) PUSH and PULL Innovation. Define innovation supplier panel.
- BS/BA Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering or similar discipline.
- Prefer 2-3 years of Sourcing experience.
- Management Consulting experience in Strategic Sourcing is desired.
- Sourcing Skills: Negotiations, Supplier Relationship Management, Understanding of end-to-end Supply Chain operations.
- Self-starter with high level of curiosity to be able to investigate Sourcing opportunities.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and work independently in fast paced international environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. French or Spanish or Portuguese a plus.
- High degree of financial and analytical data organization
- Exceptional PC Skills including Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint – SAP experience a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.