Responsible for creative and technical aspects of specific product development Categories for New Acquisition Brands (NYX/UD/ITC). Maintains close awareness of scientific literature, patents, raw material technology, processing methodology, and marketing trends (Including Brand Portfolios) required to perform innovative product development assignments in an efficient manner. Oversees a safe and orderly laboratory environment.
- Experienced researcher; independently manages multiple Category (Face/Eye/Lip) projects from inception to Launch to meet launch deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Investigates/resolves research problems/issues.
- May execute more complex projects and/or handle multiple projects simultaneously from different categories.
- Independently creates and refines formulas; Monitor the stability, quality and conformity of formulas
- Identifies raw materials and technologies suitable for product development
- May mentor technical staff on project basis;
- Acts as resource in lab for advice and support
- Demonstrates creativity and resourcefulness in proactively identifying and proposing solutions to issues that may arise during product development or in transfer to manufacturing
- Interfaces with technical support groups including marketing, evaluation team, analytical, micro, Demi-grand and manufacturing.
- May also manage outside vendor relationships (Raw Material) as applicable to projects assigned.
- Reports to Group Leader or Manager
Technical / Professional
- BS in Chemistry or related science, Master's is a Plus.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in the cosmetics industry, specifically in formulation products with Color Cosmetics and active ingredients.
- Must be able to prioritize, handle multiple projects, and work with various groups within a matrix organization..
- Strong written, verbal, presentational, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of consumer trends as they relate to Category/Métier
- Authorization to work long-term in the U.S.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.