DISCOVER AND INVENT WITH L’OREAL RESEARCH & INNOVATION- AMERICAS
At L’Oréal, beauty is above all a scientific adventure.
Our Research and Innovation teams constitute a multicultural community of 60 nationalities that includes over 30 specializations across every branch of science and this trend is set to grow in the future.
We are searching for talented and creative Sr. Chemists to join our state of the art Skincare, Makeup and Hair Development labs in Clark, NJ.
We are an innovative and unique team of Chemists and Scientists out to disrupt the beauty industry and excite our consumers with our high performing cosmetics.
With your passion, drive and curiosity, you can be at the forefront of cosmetics research and innovation, impact consumers on a global level and be part of a company that is THE expert in skincare and haircare worldwide!
Sr. Chemist-Development Labs, Clark, NJ
I. MAJOR FUNCTION
Coordinates development projects to ensure already established category specific launches in Skincare, Makeup or Hair products. Ability to look at brands need gaps and develop technologies/products based on these gaps. Commitments are met in line with brand/category innovation strategy. Maintains close awareness of scientific literature, patents, raw material technology, processing methodology, and marketing/consumer trends.
II. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Experienced researcher responsible for initiating project concepts, developing objectives, plans, assigning priorities & completing multiple, significant R&I projects under limited supervision. Independently investigates/resolves research problems/issues.
- Mobilize and coordinate those involved in projects (internally and externally)
- Ensure implementation of necessary technical resources to meet targets and deadlines
- Monitor the quality and conformity of formulas
- Provide scientific expertise and ability to translate new RM/technology into products or product concepts.
- Provide training and mentoring to technical project staff’ May supervise technical staff on project basis.
- Extensive inter-departmental/inter-divisional company interaction (e.g. Internally with R&I/AR, Marketing, Manufacturing) and externally
- Reports to Manager
- Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related sciences with 8-10 years formulations experience OR Master’s degree/ PhD with 2-5 years experience
- Experience in Skincare, Makeup or Haircare is preferred. Open to personal care, coating or consumer products industry
- Good problem solving and decision making skills. Displays a sense of urgency and initiative with creativity and flexibility.
- Developing cross-disciplinary scientific background; ability to work within internal network
- Advanced level of communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
- Ability to work independent and also lead a project team and share expertise within and across métiers
- Intermediate knowledge of applicable IT and R&I laboratory systems
- Excellent communication (verbal, written), interpersonal, and presentation skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.