Función del empleo: Research & Innovation
Tipo de puesto: Permanent
Tipo de empleo: Full - Time
Localización: Clark, NJ
País: United States
Do you like the idea of using your scientific and analytical skills to enable the marketing of new technologies and products?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
For more than hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
As part of the R&I organization, the Intellectual Property department works on protecting new L’Oreal technologies and clearing products for global launches. We are looking for a motivated Sr. Patent Counsel to take on a critical role in leading a team of Patent agents. In a global team setting you will devise and provide consistent counseling and patent filing strategies; draft and prosecute patent applications in assigned métiers. Conduct right to market patent review and clearance for new product launches; assess art and render patentability/validity and non-infringement legal opinions. You will also counsel upper management on best patent enforcement strategies, including patent litigation and implement such strategies with the help of outside law firms. Additionally, you will conduct IP due diligence review for business development projects and M&As and train and develop junior members of the department.
- Assess scientific literature and patent landscape, collaborate with colleagues in global team setting to devise consistent counseling and patent filing strategies; draft and prosecute patent applications in assigned métiers.
- Counsel General Management and scientific teams with respect to patent matters in assigned métiers
- Proactively obtain invention disclosures and assist scientific teams in assessing patentability of their inventions
- Analyze the prior art and develop patent strategies to best protect the company’s inventions
- Prepares and prosecutes US patent applications throughout all stages.
- Oversee outside counsel with respect to patent drafting and prosecution, including prosecution of foreign cases
- Analyze search results and provides legal counsel relating to right to market (“RTM”), patentability, and due diligence assessments
- Manages IP-Searchers in assigned métiers, including overseeing RTM searches and analysis, as well as day to day interaction of IP-Searchers with colleagues in France as well as the scientific groups in the US.
- Conduct right to market patent review and clearance for new product launches; assess art and render patentability/validity and non-infringement legal opinions.
- Conduct IP due diligence review for business development projects and M&As.
- Train and develop junior members of the department.
- BS in Chemistry, Material Sciences, Chemical Engineering or similar degree with 5-10 years’ experience in patent counseling. Advanced degrees preferred.
- Admitted to the Bar of at least one state (5 -10 years)
- Admitted to practice before the US Patent Office (5-10 years)
- Experienced in providing legal opinions (patentability and right to market)
- Experienced in drafting and prosecuting patent applications
- Ability to lead, guide and direct others
- Experience in working across teams (science, legal, business)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; good analytical skills
- Ability to make decisions and implement strategies independently
Provides independent patentability, validity and freedom to operate legal opinions
- Corporate experience required; patent practice in fields of cosmetics or personal cares products preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR
- Multi-Tasker, manager of complexity
- Results-oriented, analytical, but also interpersonal
- Entrepreneurial, resilient and persistent
◄ Volver a lista de empleos