KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
Monitor the main economic indicators by exercising the duties for which he/she is responsible: Management, Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Tax and, if the need arises, Legal and Information Systems.
• Contribute to the development of the countries by advising Senior Management on the best economic choices to be implemented.
• Inform and alert his/her superiors of all significant events and to take every initiative needed to bring about the economic optimization of his/her area of activity.
• Lead the process of drafting the Plan, Budget, and Trends.
• Optimize savings and productivity opportunities and to propose them to his/her Management Committee in order to optimize costs.
• Implement the Group's systems, processes and tools to ensure that the Group's Standards (financial, accounting, management, tax in the framework of prevailing legislation) and those pertaining to Internal Control are permanently applied:
- Supervise the closing of statutory accounts and compliance with local legal obligations.
- Ensure that obligations concerning local tax and reporting to the Group (payments, lawsuits) are respected and to monitor local information concerning transfer pricing.
- Maintain good internal control practices and implement actions required to ensure their permanency.
- Manage relations with external auditors, local tax authorities and banks (planning, documenting, and organizing the necessary contacts).
• Forecast and plan the entities' treasury flows and cash flows.
• Implement the Group's systems, processes and tools in order to control and optimize indirect expenses (POS advertising, media, marketing services, travel policy, vehicle fleets…) in conjunction with Purchasing.
• Supervise IT and legal activities, if the need arises.
• Be responsible for recruiting and developing local talents and ensuring the solidity of succession plans in conjunction with the HR department.
PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
MASTER MANAGEMENT STANDARDS (controlling, accounting) & INTERNAL CONTROL
• Uses the financial documents and ensures they comply with internal (Management standards) and external standards (GAAP/IFRS)
OPTIMIZE COSTS (FINANCE)
• Applies costing methods to model and evaluate performance in his/her domain of activity (sales, marketing, OPEX...)
BUDGET FOR GROWTH (FINANCE)
• Develops budgets and financial forecasts (trends) in collaboration with the business: P&L, balance sheet, and working capital
• Understands how these elements relate to achievement of overall business & financial targets
• Seizes transformative levers in Finance to increase contribution of Finance to overall efficiency & sustain growth: processes, eco models re. new bus…
EFFICIENT USE OF REPORTING AND CONSOLIDATION (FINANCE)
• Ensures financial reporting is aligned with the Group's standards
PLAN AND ANALYZE BUSINESS PERFORMANCE
• Anticipates and identifies opportunities, risks and solutions to close the gap.
• Sets objectives, goals & targets
• Recommends changes in a strategic direction
• Calculates and interprets financial results
ACT AS A PROACTIVE BUSINESS PARTNER (FINANCE)
• Uses knowledge & market & finance expertise to understand, improve, challenge & provide strategic recommendations contributing to overall effectiveness of business
MAXIMIZE SYSTEMS & DATA MANAGEMENT
• Leverages knowledge and intuition around systems/data management to provide insight into critical issues (SAP, Compass, Magnitude...)
• PEOPLE DEVELOPER