Job Title: Senior Manager, Advanced Analytics Business Partner - BETiq
Division: Corporate Digital & Marketing Office (CDMO)
Location: New York, NY
Reports to: Director – Customer Research and Analytics
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L’Oréal, our Digital team is an opportunity to be at the center of L'Oréal's digital transformation. We are determined to be pioneers in the new beauty tech world, and by incorporating digital into everything that we do, we are creating a better relationship with our consumers. When beauty and tech collide, the impossible can happen! Come join our dynamic team!
What You Will Do:
The Sr. Manager of Advanced Analytics - BETiq Business Partner will be an individual who is in possession of a unique combination of qualities … owning a strong, strategic business mindset, yet combined with demonstrated, quantitative data instincts and capabilities. Carrying a level of experience with business consultancy, processes, and cross-team experience (marketing, media, analytics).
This newly created role is one in which the candidate will become a ‘hands-on’ expert of the L’Oreal BETiq modeling tool for business optimization and a core ‘Business Partner’ (BP) to the divisional teams they support. They are a central resource for implementing change management into the US group via the BETiq tool and its work processes.
This candidate will learn the inputs, tool capabilities, and become capable of synthesizing business objectives via the tool’s outputs. BETiq outputs will provide divisional business partners with firm planning insights and direction for forthcoming annual budgets. The candidate will become an invaluable business partner, working across categories/brands, to help inform planning decisions. Ultimately, the business decision taken as a result of BETiq insight will be owned by divisional teams.
Our new colleague must have strong communication skills (both oral and written), be comfortable working within demanding situations (multiple work-streams, simultaneously), contain a flexible/adaptable mindset (being able to adjust thinking on the fly), and have a lighter, patient approach in order to train others within the business teams (CDMO, media teams, brand teams, financial teams, global teams) on the tool’s working inputs and application of its outputs to their business needs.
- Overall, the Business Partner will drive the education, utility, and implementation of BETiq business tool across LUSA Divisions. Ensure modeled scenarios are adopted for next year’s brand budget plans.
- This new Business Partner will help educate/teach business leaders and business teams to leverage the BETiq tool on a self-serve basis. Goal is for business teams to become autonomous in their abilities in leveraging the tool’s capabilities (i.e. run scenarios and be able to present back to management and defend accepted plans).
- Ultimately, once business teams are trained and running on the BETiq tool, this Business Partner will work to deliver greater business analysis for continuous learning to the divisions and partner with global teams on building improvements into tool design and capabilities.
- This person will be an expert regarding tool capabilities (both technical, functional, data output) … and will be forging strong relationships with global teams in to build expertise on the complete BETiq eco-system (data, modeling, interpretation, application).
- They will foster a positive working environment, both within Advanced Analytics, CDMO, and Divisional teams. Be a champion for the BETiq tool – positive (but transparent) perspective and outlook. Proactively seek to resolve issues to keep all pieces moving forward.
- This partner will translate divisional brand business objectives into modeled scenarios within the BETiq system, and clearly interpret BETiq output for business team utilization and adoption.
Successful candidate will be part of the broader Market Intelligence, Advanced Analytics community. General accountabilities within discipline include:
- Conduct formal training sessions with divisional teams to drive hands-on BETiq application/adoption.
- In addition, the Business Partner will be tracking division adoption and regularly provide formal feedback to the local and global BETiq leadership teams for ongoing BETiq improvements.
- Candidate has a successful track record of synthesizing strategic business knowledge with data analysis/insights; capable at driving business strategy and decisions using analytics.
- Experience across at least 2 professional disciplines (with media experience a “must have”): media (planning or measurement, at least 1+ years), brand management, marketing research, statistical modeling, business strategy, new product development.
- Advanced statistical modeling experience (e.g. regression modeling/predictive modeling/ inferential statistics) recommended.
- Specific marketing response modeling expertise such as MMx (Marketing Mix Modeling).
- Experience in building models to measure the impact of media on offline sales
- Cross functional skills – can explore different business viewpoints and work with teams to develop mutually owned solutions
- Can solve problems in complex situations using creative and conceptual reasoning.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, extremely well-organized.
- Communicate complex marketing measurement and research results to a general audience
- Proactive individual with strong problem-solving skills and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Exposure to large data sets (“big data”) and analysis thereof, a major plus.
- Ability to multi-task and communicate in a complex environment; coordinate different partners (both in the US and Internationally)
- Can build strong documents (in Powerpoint) to visualize and story-tell complex research results and communicate those learnings to end-users.
- 3+ years relevant industry experience minimum
- BBA/BS in Marketing/Management, Statistics/Mathematics, or Economics. MBA preferred.
- Experience in media or marketing/brand management or market research required, with media experience a ‘must have’
- Retailer, research vendor, or digital agency experience a plus.
Additional Benefits Information As Follows:
- Salary Range: $117,300 - $164,200 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.