L'Oréal, the world leader in cosmetics, is synonymous with
beauty, innovation and scientific excellence in more than 130 countries. As the
leader in the beauty industry, our success is a direct result of our unequaled
employees. L’Oréal is always looking for talented and ambitious minds to help
build our beauty into something even better. Leadership also means innovation
and quality. We offer the most technologically advanced products to our
customers and a portfolio of brands in every product category. L’Oréal USA
fully encompasses all aspects of beauty for everyone, everywhere.
L'Oréal USA, based in New York, NY, is a subsidiary of L'Oréal, headquartered
in Paris, France. L'Oréal develops and manufactures hair care, hair color,
skincare, color cosmetics and fragrances for the consumer and professional
markets. Established in 1909 by visionary scientist, Eugene Schueller, L'Oréal
is committed to: progressive research and development, state-of-the-art
manufacturing, quality products, and making beauty accessible to everyone
around the world.
Over the years, L’Oréal has experienced consistent growth with existing brands
as well as strategic acquisitions. The acquisitions - like Maybelline in 1996,
SoftSheen in 1998, Matrix, Kiehl's Since 1851 and Carson in 2000, SkinCeuticals
in 2005, essie Cosmetics in 2010, Clarisonic in 2011 and Urban Decay &
Baxter of California in 2012 - allow us to penetrate new markets rapidly, and
reposition the brand essence of these products to gain new international audiences.
Through a diverse brand portfolio and unparalleled marketing expertise, growth
is also achieved by expanding our portfolio to address the needs of the new
target audiences, from the very young, to more mature consumers, and everyone
in between. Breaking down the barriers to beauty by making our products
accessible around the world, L'Oréal USA embraces the future with the same
passion and commitment that has characterized the group for over a century.
Title: Manager / Senior Manager, Consumer & Market Intelligence
Location: New York, NY
Department: Consumer & Market Intelligence
Reports to: Assistant Vice President, Consumer & Market Intelligence
The Department: The Consumer & Market Intelligence Team (CMI)
provides consumer and market information that facilitates management
decision-making on broad strategic as well as tactical day-to-day marketing and
business issues. CMI uses a wide variety of research techniques and tools. As a
business partner, CMI leverages insights pertaining to the Consumer, Shopper
and Market to aid in category and brand strategies as well as Go-To-Market and
Job Summary: L’Oreal is looking for a creative, analytically
driven, and collaborative team member to better leverage market insights tools
by providing Best Practices for the organization and developing thoughtful,
actionable analyses that impact Go-To-Market Strategies. He/she will have the
vision, structured thinking and business savvy to help syndicated data be
utilized as a competitive advantage for the organization. The position
primarily supports the Director of Consumer & Market Intelligence, C-Suite,
Divisional Senior Management, Marketing and Finance.
- Manages the design and execution of complex consumer research initiatives for a line of business (cosmetics) across multiple brands.
- Identifies and translates consumer needs, insights and behavior to guide brand strategy, communication, and innovation.
- Assists in the development of annual strategic and tactical research plans to address business goals.
- Works closely with marketing teams, DMI organizations, advertising agencies, sales to build consensus for research priorities.
- Manages research budget and project costs.
- Represents the voice of the consumer within the organization; presents research findings and implications.
Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 Years of market research experience including study design and analysis and a comprehensive understanding of custom market research methods, and experience in or high level of familiarity with syndicated methods.
- Strong analytic abilities in qualitative and quantitative research are required.
- Must be able to thrive within a rapidly changing business environment and be able to effectively navigate and manage ambiguity.
- Must have exceptional project management skills; (the ability to manage multiple projects with shifting and conflicting priorities and deadlines).
- Must have excellent vendor management skills; this includes exploring new suppliers, and research techniques.
- Excellent presentation skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.