Berkeley Heights, NJ
Role: Lead QA Engineer
We are looking for a looking for a self-motivated Lead QA Engineer to lead the testing framework design, development, automation for cloud based big data infrastructure. This position requires experience in establishment and execution of testing frameworks pertaining to data pipelines, data services, data warehouses, business intelligence and machine learning platforms, especially around unified consumer transactional, demographic and behavioral data. You would utilize your knowledge of testing best practices, programming skills and analytics tools/technologies such as SQL/NoSQL, Python, and BI tools to validate data pipelines, data assets and visualizations. Be familiar in working in an Agile Product team leveraging Scrum and Kanban practices. The role will operate across multiple e-commerce channels and divisions for L’Oreal USA, keeping the consumer at the forefront while driving enhanced experiences and profitable E-Commerce growth. You must be self-driven and comfortable working in a product model.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 2+ years of prior experience in building and testing solutions for Digital & E-Commerce teams
- 5-8+ years of experience in a QA lead and/or engineering role
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Experience using many of the following technologies:
- Experience with big data tools and skills leveraging SQL, Python, Spark, Hive, etc.
- Experience with public cloud services such as Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Google Cloud Composer, AI Notebooks
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, such as MySQL, Postgres and Cassandra.
- Strong experience in testing visualizations through traditional BI tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Domo etc.
- Nice to have - Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, Oozie
- Nice to have – some prior experience with predictive sciences (ML/AI) as there would be an active opportunity for this role to test ML and AI model accuracy and effectiveness
- Design and implement Test Automation frameworks using Python, SQL and other Off the Shelf Tools
- Employ a data quality focus and build test strategy, plas and engineering best practices related to software test engineering, both manual and automated testing with a specific focus on data quality
- Work closely with Product Owner, data engineers, data scientists and analysts to inform solution designs through backlog grooming, spring planning, sizing to ensure data quality remains paramount
- Building and automating testing frameworks around data ingestion pipelines for master data management, deep-learning, and predictive analytics
- Support data governance and discoverability efforts to ensure data quality and proper meta data documentation for data lineage
- Creating quality metrics to evaluate platform components and final data assets being produced
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR