What we’ll do together:
As the Senior Manager, Industrial Quality, you'll support manufacturing activities for some of your favorite L’Oreal brands! Oversee analytical chemistry testing (primarily preservatives and active ingredients), all Micro and Raw Material Lab functions and Receiving areas in a fast-paced environment. Analyze test data and utilize your professional judgment to decide on appropriate disposition of material based on specifications and organizational guidelines. Manage the backlog of all the labs and provide necessary resources to meet the demands of the business. Use your strong management and organization skills to drive all activities across the RM/Micro/Analytical Lab. In addition to supporting the Unit of Production (UP) centers to control incoming raw materials, you’ll also work with the process expert, the UP, purchasing, and logistics.
What your day will look like:
- Undertakes all required tests on relevant samples in accordance with L’Oréal specifications and test methods. Use DGO, as a guideline for daily tests and verification of test methods, conduct testing independently.
- Ensures relevant traceability paperwork is available and correct (ex. Lab notebooks, Certificate of Analysis, batch reporting, etc.)
- Accepts or blocks deliveries or production in accordance with L’Oréal specifications.
- Carries out relevant preparation, titration, calibration and validation on reagents and/or equipment where appropriate, and ability to calculate concentrations for standards and mobile phases
- Leads investigations related to out-of-specification results, communicates on control results and decisions to Laboratory Managers.
- Releases on appropriate Factory stock management system. May be involved in carrying out internal and external method transfer analysis.
- Independently organizes work tasks for the day according to business priorities and backlog, communicates effectively with lab personal and within IQ department.
- Participates in and perform testing for additional projects as needed (ex. validation studies).
- Performs quality audits of production areas as needed.
- Ability to troubleshoot lab instruments
- Bring new ideas and innovations to the lab. Challenge the status quo and implement ideas to improve efficiencies.
- Manage assigned projects to completion and to committed deadlines. Projects will primarily be for new instrumentation and installations within the lab; this will require working with teammates and external vendors.
- Assigns daily testing in the lab based on priority.
- Develop and administer applicable trainings of new test methods and equipment.
- Delegate and assign work within laboratory based on the urgent requests and priorities
- Provide technical and instrumental support to all chemist in the lab
- Write SOP and other procedures, conduct training and assist manager in daily tasks
- Additional responsibilities include housekeeping, organization and other tasks as assigned.
- Maintain safe, clean work area and adhere to L’Oréal’s policies and procedures.
- Observe Good Manufacturing and Laboratory Practices (GMPs/GLPs).
- Attend L’Oreal training sessions on quality related topics
- Knows and understands L’Oreal rules and enforces them
- Identify, control, prevent, and resolve microbiological problems or issues that impact product quality.
- Communicate and coordinate with the Director of Industrial Quality, or other appropriate personnel, regarding microbiological issues that impact production, operations, or inventory status.
- Understands and is proficient in methods (Quality manual, CDC’s, etc.)
- Involved in the purchase and implementation of new equipment and its effect on quality
- Troubleshoots non-conformances RM and proposes solutions
- Member of internal / external audit team
- Part of capital investment team with Engineering, UP and process expertise.
- Responsible for validation of lab equipment
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry required.
- 5+ years analytical chemistry experience with HPLC, UV-VIS, AA, preferably in cosmetic/consumer products or pharmaceutical manufacturing. Wet chemistry, batch adjustment and microbiology experience preferred.
- Conscientious, positive in attitude, self-motivated, reliable, and responsible.
- Good laboratory skills with demonstrated record of excellence in quantitative analysis.
- Ability to make decisions independently and assess when escalation is appropriate.
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated proactive and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Excels at interpersonal communication and able to form effective relationships across departments.
- Experienced with Root Cause Analysis and ability to troubleshoot out-of-specification results.
- Ability to work independently and possesses leadership qualities.
- Sense of urgency in daily work and towards resolving issues
- Knowledge of standard computer systems such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); experience using SAP desired.
Innovation has fueled L'Oréal’s business for more than 100 years and we will rely on our culture of innovation and entrepreneurship to help us continually evolve. L'Oréal’s dynamic culture provides its employees with entrepreneurial freedom and opportunities to drive transformation across its €29.87B business, encompassing over 35 brands, around the globe. In the US, we have 12,000 employees working collaboratively across 14 states to build leading edge technologies, launch highly personalized products, reimagine consumer experiences, and develop creative solutions to reduce our environmental footprint.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.