Do you like being the objective voice of the consumer by identifying vendor opportunities based on their needs?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
For more than hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
Responsible for partnering with Corporate Open Development Head to identify, define and align with brand teams & R&I métiers potential vendor innovation contributing to respective category panier. Partner closely with R&I partners to align resources and capacity against biggest areas of opportunity. Be the objective voice of the consumer: identify vendor opportunities based on her/his needs, but exceeding her/his expectation with on trend innovation. Work with DI teams to focus on further out opportunities with potential to pre-develop innovation with key external partners. Ongoing communication with matrix team members (Marketing, Package Innovation, Purchasing, R&I OD Métier, OMA, Safety/Regulatory/Claims and Legal) to progress and track the development of all pre-dev OD product initiatives ensuring timely development.
- Innovate Scouting
- Maintain constant contact with Americas based vendors (Regular meetings, Exhibition participation)
- Help manage vendors by category, establish strategy aligned with key stakeholder/brand needs, become best partner of key ones
- Support identification of key innovation, identify opportunities for exclusivities and co/pre-dev
- Capture short term/quick win as well as Mid to Long Term Strategic Focus Areas
- Identify/Define/Align 2-3 Big Bets/Year – for Makeup, Skincare and Hair
- Re-establishment and/or creation of new relationship with at least 3 new skin care vendors
- Ensure well versed and on top of trends and movements in Makeup, Skincare and Hair categories for creative and technical inspiration from marketplace including competitive and adjacent industries, R&I technology, non-beauty industries.
- Set Operational Conditions/Ways of Working
- Support the establishment of appropriate framework contracts
- Help align the most relevant for TTM improvement and risk management
- Support the evolution and live into establishing appropriate ways of working and R&R with Métiers, Brands, OMA, Package Innovation, DI and Purchasing
- Partner to deliver vendor innovation into pipeline to drive overall Global makeup, skincare and hair sales specifically helping to improve speed to market and grow respective category.
- Be responsible for delivering 2-3 vendor innovation opportunities per year on time to impact innovation pipeline meeting and brand launch timing, responsible for gatekeeping overall quality of the products presented to brands by vendors.
- Keep leadership team (Americas & Worldwide Partners) updated on all key product status
- Innovate Sharing
- Contribute to relevant panier in partnership with Métier strategy and needs.
- Help build OD Corporate Global strategic portfolio inclusive of Americas requirements and opportunities
- Participate in Key Métiers meeting, Brand Fiche and Management Meetings - help build evaluation and mapping of performance of key strategic innovation
- Ensure transparency and constant update with management in Americas, DI, and Packaging Innovation
- Be actively involved in complex Development Projects
- Create strategic and trend focused presentations to DMI’s for alignment of innovation opportunities
- Prepare vendor innovation opportunities within PIPE meetings
- Competitive & Industry/Market Intelligence
- Be responsible for the tracking of new product introductions, macro level consumer trends and industry product trends to informal all phases of the Consumer Product Design from Ideation to Product Execution.
- Review and understand global/local trends as they relate to lifestyle, social changes, attitudes, fashion, dermatology to help identify opportunities in makeup, skincare and hair innovation that supports strategies for the Americas.
- Influence and partner with R&I, Marketing, Purchasing, OMA, and Packaging to identify and pre-develop innovative makeup, skincare and hair opportunities.
- Align R&I Métier Heads & Marketing on acceptable innovation that meet the cost guidelines, consumer needs, timing and technical feasibility.
- A minimum 5 years’ experience. Beauty industry background. Prefer to have Makeup & Skincare experience, with a fragrance understanding.
- A high level of understanding of beauty markets/Global basis but especially Skin Care, Personal Care and/or Wellness.
- A solid understanding of the beauty/skincare industry and to continue to analyze new introductions and trends and to use this knowledge to identify innovation that fit with appropriate brand strategy.
- Excellent organizational and influencing skills specifically while working with internal matrix teams and vendors as part of the development process.
- An understanding of package functionality, marketing skills like brand positioning, strategy and portfolio management in order to create new and unique offerings for L’Oreal Group.
- A creative writing skills and knowledge of basic components of a "concept outline".
- A strong attention to detail with ability to distinguish/develop high quality, aesthetic products.
- A strong Interpersonal skills
- An excellent work ethic.
- The ability and passion for the consumer and delivering innovation that delights and delivers on her needs.
- A drive for accuracy, organization and a proactive approach to work are a must
- The ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities at a time while also meeting sometimes tight deadlines.
- The ability to pre/co-develop consumer centric innovative products with vendors from initiation of an idea into an innovation opportunity
- The ability to write creative, unique and persuasive makeup, skincare and hair product statements/descriptions.
- The ability to be reactive when need be to the fast evolving competitive marketplace
- A great organizational skills to maintain product sample submissions history
- Able to understand complex technical information related to technologies and how they work to appropriately communicate to Brand Marketing teams.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.