For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
We are seeking a Senior Scientific Liaison for our Skincare Valorization team in Clark, New Jersey. This position is responsible for supporting various elements of skincare product development from project initiation through market launch with a critical focus on communication of scientific knowledge, selection of active ingredients, and coordination of innovative testing.
- Provide technical support to Marketing – technical explanation of new and existing technology for all launches to help Marketing develop concepts
- Facilitate clear communication at the interface between R&I and Marketing
- Review concepts, cartons, packaging, advertising, web, e-commerce, training materials for technical accuracy
- Maintain awareness of new technical or marketing opportunities from scientific and technical literature and publications
- Serves as a creative catalyst for potential new technology discoveries and/or new ingredient communication
- Brainstorm innovative testing approaches for support of active ingredient and product performance
- Request product claims from US Marketing
- Review test platform to ensure all US product claims are being addressed
- Work closely with Safety and Analytical teams to coordinate product testing and analysis
- Work closely with Clinical Evaluation team to coordinate clinical, instrumental, and consumer testing
- Provide final test results with technical support/interpretation
- Issue technical dossiers for new products or modifications to existing products
- Provide PR support
- Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related science is required. MS or PhD preferred. Skincare experience a plus.
- 3+ years of experience required
- Must be able to prioritize, handle multiple projects, and work with various groups within a matrix organization
- Must communicate clearly and be adept at giving technical presentations to large groups of professionals
- Achieves results, with integrity
- Interacts effectively
- Displays scientific curiosity and passion for skincare
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship on a permanent ongoing basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.