Are you a clinical professional that loves innovation?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
For more than hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
As part of the R&I 360 deployment, the Clinical Innovation Team is responsible for driving clinical discovery and innovations, in order to deliver new technologies and actives with strong efficacy. This team collaborates with various departments in L’Oreal Research & Innovation, both domestically and internationally. The team scouts for new technologies in modern cosmetic and health science fields, performs proof of concept testing for active cosmetic ingredients and devices, and works closely with key research partners to transform upstream technologies into new consumer products.
We are looking for a motivated Sr. Clinical Research Scientist to onboard on this thrilling adventure.
- Propose, design and develop new protocols for human efficacy clinical trials (cosmetic ingredients, consumer devices, and other new technologies)
- Responsible for managing full process of clinical studies – concept presentation, IRB approval, study initiation, monitoring and e-monitoring, analyzing, reporting and presenting of results.
- Maintaining strong relationships with internal and external partners (CROs, global Advanced Research, Applied Research, Technology Incubators, and skin and hair care labs), and collaborate with other evaluation functions (in vitro, clinical and consumer claims, bioinstrumentation teams) within global L’Oreal R&I (USA, France, Brazil, and Asia).
- Expand external partnerships and collaborations with CROs and establish new collaborations with leading Dermatologists and Academic Researchers
- Masters or Ph.D degree in Biomedical Sciences, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical or Cosmetic Sciences or related field with 1-5 years of relevant working experience.
- 1-5 years of experience managing Human Clinical Trials in pharmaceutical, OTC, or personal care industries.
- Good knowledge of Skin biology, Hair biology, Dermatology. Working knowledge on dermatologist procedure, medical aesthetics, medical devices, skin pathology, or regenerative medicine is a plus
- Experience working with CROs; Solid understanding of good clinical practices and FDA guidelines; Working knowledge on methods of evaluation (instrumental and clinical) or diagnostic tools for evaluating product efficacy
- Excellent communication (verbal, written) and interpersonal skills
- Experience with data management & statistical analysis strongly preferred
- A good knowledge of cosmetic actives and functions is a plus
- Available for travel (~10%), both domestic and international
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.