Senior Research Scientist – Consumer Claims Evaluation
Clark, NJ – Hybrid
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L’Oréal, Research & Innovation is a vast, multidisciplinary, scientific community working in more than 30 specialized fields, spread out across the world in 21 research centers across 6 regional hubs, 14 evaluation centers, and 49 scientific and regulatory departments. Our employees represent over 60 nationalities and are united for one passion: to invent and perfect innovative, high-performance cosmetic products for the well-being of men and women across the world. Research & Innovation is at the core of our transformation! Come join our dynamic team!
As a Sr. Consumer Research Scientist Research & Innovation – Evaluation Intelligence – Consumer Science, this position requires excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills, project management, attention to detail, collaboration, communication, and a passion for consumer centricity. This role will be responsible for consumer claims testing for L'Oreal US categories (Skin, Hair, Make-up).
- · Organizes, plans, and effectively executes claims studies for beauty products for claims substantiation to support product launch
- · Design, coordinate, and execute appropriate consumer claims studies and manage product testing, including managing 3rd party vendor partners
- · Collaborates with labs, international colleagues, and evaluation team to align on the appropriate test method design and claims list for testing
- · Able to synthesize learnings, extract insights, and write reports to meet business objectives
- · Effectively communicates and present results to relevant stakeholders
- · Aid in implementation of creative and digital capabilities to enhance research learnings and communication of results
- · Manage business partnerships with our external agencies, communicate effectively, provide guidance and oversee full project details, including opening purchase orders and working with Finance team
- · Drives projects from inception to completion with quality, timeliness, and professionalism with excellent attention to detail
- · Prioritizes projects workload with supervisor, performs project tracking and scheduling
- · Actively grow consumer, category and business knowledge, and leverage this in designing studies and analysis
- · Work closely with consumer claims team locally and internationally to share best practices and expertise related to methods, design and ways of working
- · Bachelors with 3-5+ years of relevant working experience; OR Masters with 0-2 years of relevant working experience; preferred areas of study include Consumer Science, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Biological, Physical or Material Sciences, or related fields
- · Excellent interpersonal, communication (written/oral), and organizational skills a must
- · Must be able to work on several complex projects at the same time with flexibility and organization
- · Good time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- · Capable of working in a matrix organization, including strong teamwork
- · Technical writing skills a must
- · Experience with clinical testing, consumer research, consumer studies, design of surveys/questionnaires a plus
- · Knowledge of US/international cosmetics and/or personal care industry a plus
- · Background in cosmetics, skin care, make-up, hair or personal care products a plus
- · Experience coordinating product testing with outside vendors a plus
- · Experience and knowledge of statistical analysis/interpretation a plus
- · Must be proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- · Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.