Job Summary/Major Function
Inviting self-starters who enjoy challenging work developing technically robust solutions in line with quality and safety guidelines that have the ability to provide consumer-perceived advantages. Maintain awareness of scientific literature, patents, raw material technology, processing methodology, and marketing/consumer trends in order to propose and create innovative product solutions for consumer need-gaps. Work closely with managers, chemists, partner groups, and external resources, both in and outside of the US, to coordinate product development, testing, and transformation to development and launch of Hair Color projects.
- Initiates project concepts, develops objectives, plans testing and research strategy, and assigns priorities under limited supervision;
- Drives project from inception to completion with quality, professionalism, and ability to meet deadlines;
- Identifies, mobilizes, coordinates, and manages relationships with project partners, both internally and externally;
- Develops and refines formulas; performs product stability on all formulas and resolves stability issues. Monitors the quality and conformity of formulas;
- Works closely with Innovative Raw Materials Department, suppliers, universities, and research institutes to identify new raw materials & technologies with potential benefits for cosmetics applications and sustainability initiatives;
- Provides scientific expertise and play an advisory role to ensure projects run smoothly; act as a project champion;
- Demonstrates creativity and resourcefulness in proactively identifying and proposing solutions to issues that may arise during technology development and application, and transfer to development labs.
- Provides training and mentoring to technical project staff. May supervise technical staff on project basis;
- Executes complex projects and handles multiple projects simultaneously;
- Adapts innovative technologies from other areas to the field of expertise/métier;
- Innovates with a mindset toward consumer and stylist needs;
- Identifies, reviews, and files patents.
- Masters with at least 5 years of experience (or PhD within relevant scientific discipline; Chemistry, Biology, Material Sciences, Chemical/Biomedical Engineering or related fields.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of oxidative reaction chemistry and formulation of emulsions.
- Knowledge of the science of hair is preferable.
- Excellent project management, problem solving, and communication skills. Ability to share and teach in the area of expertise.
- Expertise in organic and inorganic chemistry, and experience in different industries (biomedical/bio-sensing, medical, space exploration, food packaging, coatings/additives, textile, etc.) is a plus.
- Creative and self-motivated with a willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.