Do you like understanding consumer needs and translate them into innovative performing cosmetic solutions ?
Then L'Oréal R&I might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
As a Scientist in our Cosmetic Application Domain Labs, you will develop new technologies that will deliver immediate, radical long lasting results on skin such as skin tone, eye bags or wrinkles. You'll work in an international, team-oriented environment that will include Cosmetic Domain, Innovation and Discovery Domains, and Development teams in France, Japan and the US!
What Your day will look like...
- Define/Build technology to dramatically improve skin tone, wrinkles and eye bags by exploring potentiality of new materials and formulating around them.
- Develop in vitro test to characterize these technologies.
- Work closely with Innovative Raw Materials Department and suppliers to identify new raw materials and new technology with potential benefits for these skin applications.
- Implement a patent strategy that will safeguard the formula and technology invented.
- Create marketing concept for the new product with the support of claims and consumer test results.
- Work closely with development labs to ensure smooth transition of new products and technologies.
- Communicate and present the technology and new products to colleagues at different geographic locations and different categories within the company.
- Maintain good knowledge of competitor’s patent environments and close awareness of consumer need gap and marketing trends.
- Manage external collaborations.
You Have . . .
- Ph.D. in polymer sciences turned towards application, polymer synthesis, (Bio) material Science, surface and interface science, physical chemistry, chemistry, pharmaceutical science.
- Preferably with 2-5 years of post-graduate experience in biomedical /dermatological /cosmetic industries or industrial setting such as wound dressing/ paints/ coating.
- A demonstrated ability to lead and direct projects is expected.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent, ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
- If you have a Solid Scientific Background with the ability to think outside the box…If you are keen on various skin care and cosmetic product attributes…If you have experience navigating through varying priorities while handling multiple projects simultaneously and you are Creative and Self-motivated to independently Drive Projects forward…The Skin Transformation DA Team wants YOU!!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.