Do you have a passion for consumer products, scientific research and are driven to deliver strong innovations?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation (R&I) might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
For more than one hundred years, L’Oréal believes that Beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, dependable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal Research and Innovation has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800+ L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
Inside L’Oréal’s Research & Innovation Division, Application Domain is responsible for transforming scientific discoveries, technological inventions, and new consumer aspirations into innovation prototypes that exceed consumer perceived performance. The key missions are to identify and develop innovative technologies for hair, skin, or makeup applications. In Application Domain, you'll work in a dynamic, team-oriented lab environment, where you'll interact with cross-functional groups globally for new product development, product concept testing, and smooth transition of the technology into our Development Laboratories.
We are currently seeking a talented and innovative Senior Scientist to join our Skin Transformation Application Domain team for Skin Rejuvenation located at our Clark, New Jersey facility for Research and Innovation. In this role, you will focus on pioneering life-changing consumer solutions for dramatic visible transformations. This position will support the application projects in the domain and the exploratory projects in skin rejuvenation
You Will . . .
- Develop new formulations under the technical collaboration and/or direction of a senior scientist while following Good Laboratory Practices.
- Perform technical evaluations and stability testing on product formulations.
- Keep clear formulation and evaluation records in a laboratory notebook
- Regularly inform supervisor on any research problems /issues
- Contribute in the generation of new ideas to deliver transformational skin rejuvenation efficacy
- Collaborate with clinical and product performance evaluation teams to manage testing logistics
- Ensure good quality preparations of products according to QA and Safety Guidelines.
- Balance multiple projects in the domain simultaneously, when necessary
You Have . . .
- A minimum of a completed BS or MS in Cosmetic Science, Chemistry, Biological Science or Chemical Engineering, or related science is required.
- 2-5 years of progressive industrial experience, specifically product formulation, with 1+ years of laboratory experience including internships or college lab experience
- Strong communication, presentation, and project management skills
- An established self-awareness, in terms of understanding your own culture, identity, biases, prejudices, power privilege, and stereotypes.
- Ability to work independently and to drive the project forward with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to share and teach in the area of expertise with experts and non-experts alike.
- Knowledge base within chemistry and principles of formulating emulsion and suspension products a plus
- Experience with physical testing and analytical methods a plus
You Are . . .
- Someone who can work independently and as part of a team
- A problem solver with the ability to handle multiple and changing priorities in a fast paced, dynamic organization
- Someone who can methodically design experiments and in line with the scientific method
- Someone who values innovating and pushing forward new ideas with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Someone who is highly collaborative, driven and self-motivated with a positive attitude
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.