Job Title Senior Buyer – Raw Materials Sourcing
Location: Clark, NJ
Reports to: Sr. Manager Direct Sourcing Raw Materials
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to support the development of the sourcing strategy of Raw Materials for the North America Zone. You will be responsible for leading a selected portfolio of Raw Materials for the North America zone, including the management of the suppliers, the execution of sourcing processes and the negotiations of contracts in order to maximize L’Oréal’s results and improve the bottom-line growth.
Your Key job accountabilities:
- Manage a selected portfolio of Surfactant and Oleochemical categories of Raw Materials: Supplier negotiation & allocation decisions, ownership of financial performance, building technical & market knowledge in category.
- Manage sub-segments of the category on a global level.
- Develop and communicate sourcing strategies to the key Business stakeholders, in accordance with the Global Purchasing Strategy.
- Monitor and drive the financial performance of the category:
- Lead internal and external benchmarking.
- Construct and lead cost reduction projects (negotiations, value analysis, etc.) with a focus on total landed cost and process improvement.
- Own the supplier relationship and monitor the supplier performance through SRM program: Quality, Supply, Competitiveness, Innovation and Sustainability.
- Identify risks and develop mitigation plans to ensure the supply chain continuity.
- Support the Americas’ and Global manufacturing sites by optimizing supply chain parameters and total cost of ownership.
- Network and develop relationships with stakeholders, such as Marketing, Plant Management, Global Sourcing, Product Development, and Research & Innovation teams.
- Support the L’Oréal Group with its ambition to reach its 2020 CSR commitments through sustainable and ethical sourcing.
Who we are looking for:
- BS/BA Degree in Business, Engineering, Finance or related field. MBA preferable.
- 3+ years experience required with a minimum of 1 year experience in Purchasing.
- Experience in the Oleochemical industry will be a ‘plus’.
- Good knowledge of chemical cost breakdowns.
- Self-starter with high level of curiosity, in order to identify new cost saving opportunities.
- Highly analytical and with strong organizational skills. Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced international environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High degree of financial and analytical skills
- Exceptional computer Skills including Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Legally eligible to work in the US on an ongoing and permanent basis without sponsorship.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.