SENIOR PACKAGING ENGINEER, NORTH AMERICA
As a senior packaging engineer, you will be actively using your technical learnings to support a specific brand or technical category. You will be part of a team, beginning to contribute to the team vision, métier and personal goals.
You will be interacting more autonomously with marketing, innovation, various other audiences, both internally and externally. Building a level of knowledge of the brands portfolios and learning how to use your experience to offer a strong/viable technical position, while bringing valuable and meaningful solutions to the brands we support.
The role is expected to be dynamic, engaged at all levels, innovative, able to work in a fast environment and ready to contribute to the teams vision.
OVERALL BUSINESS ACUMEN & COMMUNICATION
- Good written and verbal communication skills, able to deal effectively with all levels of a diverse and global organization and supplier base
- Flexible approach to problem solving and ability to present technical solutions to your category head
- Building experience in technical elements necessary for the development and commercialization of new products, with an understanding of timing and financial impacts
- Building self-management and organizational skills to manage documentation, materials and information for rapidly changing priorities
- Curiosity, creativity and out of the box thinking
- Ability to listen, to learn and to be a professional engineer that successfully elevates the attractiveness and visibility of the department
- Clearly support and contribute to a team vision in order to achieve department goals and objectives
- Advancing in your ability to partner effectively across different functions and levels.
- Beginning to build strong relationships built on trust, collaboration, solid technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Beginning to apply the process on how to translate innovation or marketing conceptions, into technically industrialized products
- An understanding and strong interest in mold functionalities and molding processes
- Expanding your experience in working with various materials, the manufacturing, decorating techniques and functionality of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging
- Increased knowledge and ability to anticipate and recognize risks, analyze data, identify root causes, draw conclusion and deliver a solid technical report with viable packaging solutions to enable stakeholders to make quality decisions
- Increased knowledge of good manufacturing capabilities, supporting necessary line trials and how the component conception impacts efficiencies of the plant
FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES, INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO
- Performing all of the below with some level of autonomy, requesting guidance only in some key technical or management areas.
- Learning and beginning to apply design to conception and design to cost
- Participate in supplier selection from a technical and overall business position
- Define, engineer and optimize technical conceptions
- Participating and/or managing new tooling development, approval of technical drawings and part validation
- Fully own specifications and all technical milestones in project timelines to ensure on-time technical validations
- Understand and learning how to push Division + Operations + Vendors Adherence to key dates
- Learning and applying ability to anticipate and elevate blocking points to ensure meeting deadlines and or major launches
- Responsible for 1st component reception quality in the plant
- Be proficient in our systems related to packaging specifications, artwork and testing
- Troubleshoot technical issues across entire supply chain
- Support and drive solutions to packaging consumer complaints and non-conformities
- Participate in the execution of sustainability initiatives
- Support in the execution of value analysis initiatives
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends, inclusive but not limited to packaging technology
- Up to 25% travel to domestic and/or international suppliers and plants
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 3+ years’ of proven experience in package engineering & development desired; preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field.
- French, Portuguese, and/or Spanish Language skills are a plus
- Strong PC skills; MS Office, PowerPoint and CAD software
- Must be eligible to work on an ongoing, continuous basis without the need for sponsorship.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.