At L’Oréal, we have made it our quest to deliver beauty for all. It’s an aim that has seen us expand into over 150 countries, 86,000 employees, +36 international brands, €26.9 billion in sales and becoming the number one cosmetics group in the World!
We firmly believe that our best success comes from when we can incorporate the concept of diversity at all levels. Our +36 international brands are present on all Beauty Market segments and all channels.
We are proud of the sustainability commitment, “Sharing Beauty With All”, we made to our consumers and employees. Along with our ambition to reach the next billion consumers in the coming years, we will leave a positively impact in our world. After all, at L’Oréal, nothing is impossible…
Be a part of the adventure and join our diverse Sourcing Team: We are a team of passionate, diverse and responsible business partners, who innovate, create value and open new frontiers to fuel L’Oréal’s growth.
Purpose of the Job (Summary)
This role offers the opportunity to make a positive impact on ways of working in the Americas Indirect Sourcing team, under the supervision of the VP of Sourcing Excellence for Direct and Indirect Americas.
You will work closely with the Americas Indirect Sourcing teams and the Worldwide Excellence teams to steer and challenge the domains performance and results: Your responsibilities are developed around four key pillars: Control, Support, Rollout and CSR in the Sourcing organization.
This role will be based in Berkeley Heights, NJ, with travel to L’Oréal’s offices in Clark, NJ and New York City. You will manage one employee.
Key job accountabilities:
Process and Organization Compliance
- Define, develop and rollout internal control procedures based on the L’Oreal group norms.
- Manage internal control audits related to sourcing activity and ensure compliance through mock audits, self-assessments and report gaps with improvement recommendations
- Liaison with the brands and plants during internal control audits.
- Be a key resource for procedural questions, issues, and changes.
- Manage KPI performance with each domain.
- Full knowledge and enforcement of Sourcing procedures and full application of internal rules.
Sourcing Network and Team Dynamic
- Represent the Sourcing Excellence team in worldwide meetings, discussions and workshop.
- Develop, lead and participate in purchasing training sessions
- Animate the onboarding of new hires with the domains
- Generate reports to verify team’s adherence to sourcing trainings, e-learnings and other internal control requirements.
- Manage and develop a team tasked with supporting the Indirect Sourcing domains around the four key pillars (control, support, tool rollout and CSR).
- Take a proactive approach in the day-to-day work life and propose solutions.
- Support the VP of Sourcing Excellence with providing process improvements and executing projects.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with our internal and external clients to understand and respond to their business needs and priorities.
- Collaborate with global teams on best practices and bring the Americas point of view.
Training and Tools:
- Be the expert on the sourcing tools and provide on-going training. Propose improvements to the current systems.
- Collaborate with global Sourcing « tools » team to optimize and rollout tools specific to the sourcing domains.
- Develop and animate a network of tools super users.
Coordination and SBWA: Provide support as needed on various topics:
- Support the team with Corporate Social Responsibilities and Sharing Beauty With All initiatives.
Who we are looking for:
- BA/BS in Supply Chain or related fields.
- 3-7 years in sourcing roles in the Consumer goods industry.
- 3+ years in a management role.
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing excellence and/or auditing a plus.
- High degree of analytical skills.
- High Level of engagement, Self-Driven individual with strong communication skills and ability to influence in a matrix organization.
- Ability to bring the team together through conveying a clear vision and positive can-do attitude.
- Ability to travel to the Americas and Europe.
- Exceptional computer Skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Power BI. SAP knowledge
- Legally eligible to work in the US on an ongoing and permanent basis without sponsorship.
Competencies valued at L’Oreal:
At L’Oreal, we encourage:
- Leadership: Inspire others, convey enthusiasm and desire to surpass one self.
- Strategic Vision: Embrace complexity and anticipate what is needed. Always have the big picture in mind and think several steps ahead.
- Ambition: Show a drive to excel and also demonstrate a sense of collective interest and ambition for the business and teams.
- Judgement. Quickly reads situations, grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything, listens to weak signals, identifies and seizes opportunities quickly, looks for the why and how of events. Make the right choice in uncertain and complex situations.
- Collaboration: Foster cooperation and collaboration, engage and empower teams and colleagues around shared objectives and responsibilities; persuades and gains support.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.