Job Title: Senior Manager, Human Resources Business Partner
Department: Human Resources
Division: Luxury Products Division
Location: New York, NY
Reports to: VP, Human Resources
For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
The Luxury Products Division (Luxe) comprises some of the most iconic brands in the L’Oreal portfolio, including: Lancome, Kiehls, IT Cosmetics, Urban Decay, Ralph Lauren Fragrances, Prada Beauty, L’Atelier Cologne, YSL Beaute, Giorgio Armani, Maison Martin Margiela and more. Most recently in December 2021, we welcomed Youth To The People to our division. Our portfolio is balanced across distribution channels, product categories and client segmentation, leaving our brands plenty of room to express their full potential in the pursuit of surpassing our clients’ expectations.
In this role, you will serve as a trusted advisor to business leaders to anticipate and optimize the organization’s people needs in alignment with the overall business strategy. You will lead strategy & implementation for your respective populations on topics including: Talent Management and Development, Talent Acquisition,
, Performance Management, Learning, Change Management, Diversity & Inclusion, Organizational & Team Effectiveness, Compensation Costs and Employee Relations.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Trusted Advisor: Partner with key business leaders in translating business strategy into People initiatives that drive both business success and contribute to meaningful careers at L’Oreal/LUSA/Luxury Division
- Team Effectiveness/Change Management: Help develop the organization in line with business objectives and contribute to organizational strategy.
- Succession Planning: Prepare and contribute to the Talent Review process by developing collective succession plans in conjunction with Business Partner leaders and VP of Human Resources
- Employee Development: Strategically manage careers, in partnership with Leaders and HRBPS, on an individual basis by building development plans, defining training opportunities and assisting with the Performance Appraisal process for personal and professional growth.
- Workforce Planning: Evaluate recommendation for structure improvements ensuring alignment with business objectives.
- Manage Headcount and Compensation Costs across your respective departments, ensuring accuracy in both forecasting and actual allocation and spend
- Recruitment: Approve candidates for interview; participate in interview process and make recommendations with line management for final decisions.
- Onboarding and Integration: Oversee the onboarding and integration of all new employees within population and make recommendations on program improvements.
- Employee Relations: Translate work environment vision, provide expert advice and coaching to employees and management and contribute to creation of employee events.
- Retention Strategies: Analyze, identify and direct recommendations on retention program policies.
- Performance Plans: Monitor PIP and other disciplinary programs and actions, including coaching and employee terminations.
- HR Policies and Programs: Assure compliance while helping to facilitate programs focusing on strategic change, training, team building, diversity, and inclusion
- Undergraduate degree, preferred focus in Psychology, Org Dev, HR
- Prior HR and/or Talent Management experience of 7+years
- Experience in global, multi-national companies
- Demonstrated leadership, communication (verbal/written), negotiation, presentation, facilitation, organization and interpersonal skills
- High degree of emotional intelligence, intellect, executive gravitas and operational prowess
- Leading through influence
- Change management - Ability to communicate and mobilize teams through change
- Navigating & driving solutions in fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Must have a sense of urgency and results/service orientation with a high degree of flexibility, adaptability and responsiveness; ability to handle fast pace and operate with ambiguity
- Strategic thinking - In-depth knowledge of HR best practices and trends (i.e., talent management, recruitment strategies, people assessment, career management)
- Business acumen - In-depth knowledge of business objectives, the people aspect of the division, brand and function, competitors, market trends and consumers
- Compensation – In-depth understanding of policy and concepts, along with ability to articulate same
- Experience in handling complex ER issues
- Can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately
- Has broad knowledge and perspective
- Is future oriented
Acts as trusted advisor
- Can present the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner
- Keeps confidences
- Admits mistakes
Acts/Leads with Human Sensitivity
- Demonstrates respect, develops others, enriches team dynamics
- Listens and communicates effectively, actively networks. Ability to inspire and influence without authority.
- Reasons from multiple perspectives, makes sound decisions
Achieves Results with Integrity
- Conveys energy, focuses on results, acts with integrity
- Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions, promotes team creativity
- Takes initiative, focuses on customers, improves business performance, develops a vision
Displays Sensitivity to the “Métier” of L’Oreal
- Focuses on quality, builds knowledge of the beauty and retail business, understands beauty/skincare landscape and its competitors
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.