Job title: Senior Manager, Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Location: North Little Rock, Arkansas
Reports to: Director – Human Resources
L’Oréal is a technologically advanced company, which manufactures and supplies over 4.5 billion units annually to the world. Working in L’Oréal Operations means working in an innovative, challenging, dynamic and diverse environment with the opportunity for cross-functional careers – from conception to consumer – in Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Operational Product Development. We have 42 factories and 145 distribution centers worldwide (12 factories and 33 distributions centers in the Americas). Close to 90% of all our products are manufactured in-house. L’Oréal Operations is committed to continuous improvement, people development, safety, quality and sustainability.
Exciting career opportunity for a dynamic and strategic HR professional within our Consumer Products Division Operations team. This role is based in North Little Rock, AR and offers a pivotal opportunity to shape the people landscape of our Manufacturing and Distribution Center.
As a strategic HR Business Partner, you will support the charge in driving HR excellence, contributing significantly to our organization's overall performance. This role encompasses a wide spectrum of HR impact, including people strategies, organizational design, performance management, recruitment, training, compensation, compliance with governmental regulations, championing diversity & inclusion, and fostering employee engagement. Your sphere of influence will extend to key leaders and client groups across our organization, necessitating strong collaboration both within the L'Oreal network and within the industry itself.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Strategic Employee Development: You will craft and execute individualized career development plans, leveraging performance appraisals, skills matrices, and training opportunities to drive personal and professional growth for our team members.
- Succession Planning Excellence: Partnering closely with the management team, you will assess current and future talent needs, proactively developing strategies and plans to ensure we have a robust talent pipeline. Your role involves monitoring and cultivating bench strength, identifying high-potential talent, and overseeing career-pathing and management development initiatives.
- Enhancing Organizational Effectiveness: You will wield your expertise to influence and adapt our organization to align seamlessly with our business objectives.
- Strategic Workforce Planning: You will evaluate and present recommendations for structural improvements that align with our business objectives, ensuring that our workforce is agile and responsive to evolving needs.
- Innovative Retention Strategies: Through analysis, you will identify and champion recommendations for our retention program strategy, ensuring our workforce remains engaged and motivated.
- Expert Employee Relations: You will provide objective and expert advice and coaching to both employees and management, fostering a culture of trust and collaboration.
- Total Rewards Management: Collaborating closely with our Total Rewards team, you will assess employee pay levels and plan content to ensure market competitiveness. This includes base salary and bonus plans.
- HR Policies & Compliance: You will meticulously ensure adherence to state and federal regulations while aligning our practices with Group and Country policies and programs.
- Cultural Leadership: You will be at the forefront of communicating and nurturing our desired organizational culture, vision, and values. Your role will involve providing training and facilitation as needed to support our cultural objectives.
- Talent Growth and Performance Management: Drive talent growth and performance management through strategic business partnership, coaching, counseling, and the implementation of performance improvement plans when necessary.
- Strategic Selection and Hiring: Play a critical role in selecting and hiring for key positions, actively promoting L’Oreal USA Operations as an employer of choice.
- Integration Expertise: Oversee the integration of all new employees through our FIT (onboarding) program and continually recommend improvements to enhance the employee experience.
- Productivity and Performance Optimization: Identify and implement strategies to increase productivity and enhance employee performance, contributing to the overall success of our organization.
- Entrepreneurially spirited; strong work ethic and customer driven
- Demonstrated leadership, communication (verbal/written), influence, facilitation, organization, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a sense of curiosity, urgency and results/service orientation with a high degree of flexibility, adaptability and responsiveness; ability to handle fast pace and operate with ambiguity.
- Strategic thinking and knowledge of HR best practices and trends (i.e. recruitment strategies, people assessment, career management, etc.).
- Business acumen with strong knowledge of business objectives, the people aspect of the operation and organization, brand and function, competitors, market trends and consumers; flexibility and adaptability in an evolving business environment
- Change management with the ability to communicate and mobilize teams through change.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field required; master’s degree a plus
- 5+ years of HR experience with demonstrated progression of growth.
- Prior demonstrated experience coaching and influencing senior leaders and management teams.
- Experience supporting hourly employee client groups in a call center, distribution center, or manufacturing environment is a plus
- Experience in policy design, developing people concepts, along with ability to articulate and execute people strategies.
- Knowledge of employment laws and statutes pertaining to equal opportunity employment, ADA, FMLA, OFCCP, Wage and Hour, WARN, Employment Agreements, etc.
- Financial experience with supporting P&L, including budget and trend process as well as head count management.
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint (with ability to learn internal systems)
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Your extensive experience and strategic mindset will be instrumental in driving our HR function towards greater impact and effectiveness, aligning HR practices with our business imperatives, and ensuring our organization thrives in a competitive landscape.
This role requires daily on-site presence with occasional work-from-home flexibility and potential travel to other L’Oreal facilities as needed (up to 15%).
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.