Job Title Sr. Manager, Marketing
Division: Luxury Products Division
Location: NY, 10 Hudson Yards
Reports To: AVP, Marketing - YSL
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Luxe our mission is to provide our consumers the best products and brand experience by making it unique. Our portfolio is composed of 21 brands including major brands, highly aspirational and multi-expert, such as Lancôme, Yves Saint Laurent, Giorgio Armani and Youth to the People.
What You Will Do:
Drive YSL’s makeup business under guidance of AVP to increase share of market in competitive landscape with a consumer centric approach.
Drive brand growth by developing innovative strategies and go-to-market plans for both new launches and cores businesses with executional excellence.
Owning and uncovering deep consumer insights to initiate breakthrough communications and data-driven marketing.
Performing business & competitive analyses, marketing budget/financial control, and preparing presentations for top management meetings.
This role will be responsible for the Face Makeup & Skincare categories.
Job Duties and Accountabilities
Face & Skincare Categories
- New Product Launches:
- Product Development: Be the voice of the US for all Lip & Skincare product development by the DMI: share US strategy, point of view and needs to ensure market needs are being met
- Dimensioning: Develop forecast proposals for new product launches and PLV as well as revise forecasts in real time as plans change or trends emerge
- Go-to-market: Create and manage 360 plans for new launches and pillars ensuring all key levers are activated and cross-functional teams are hitting deliverable dates
- Work with Supply Chain to ensure consistent flow of communication from DMI with regards to delays and launch timings
- Lead deck creation on my categories for all market meetings and retailer meetings
- Portfolio Management:
- Maintain portfolio: Evaluate product performance to strategically prioritize and allocate resources for optimal ROI, identifying areas of improvement, and keeping the products aligned with the brand’s broader strategy (pillar focus etc.)
- Grow business: identify needs gaps, areas of opportunities to grow the brand’s portfolio to optimize their market performance
- Performance analysis: Analyze weekly and monthly sales data, compiling relevant commentary in a report to Senior Management identifying key opportunities and challenges within the business
- Market consumer analysis:
- Develop and analyze business data, contribute to drawing conclusions, understand and articulate category knowledge and the customer business cycle
- Conduct competitive analysis and market research
- Lead the activation strategy and briefings of media campaigns
- Work intimately with agency partners and cross-functional teams to create breakthrough consumer communications in all touchpoints, from traditional media to digital data driven activations
- Work with AVP to recommend strategic retail pricing for new products; recommend price increases for existing products
- Prepare Competitive Pricing Review of all product segments and major prestige brands bi-annually
- Maintain files of key competitive sampling vehicles/programs and competitive advertising and samples of new products as it applies to business segments
- Assist AVP in preparing and presenting in retailer meetings to sales/ DMI and other groups as needed
- Market visits on an ongoing basis
Organization Structure and Key Working Relationships
- This role will work closely with the AVP of Marketing and the other Assistant manager of Marketing within the team
- In addition to the direct brand marketing team – this role will work cross-functionally with the Consumer Connections team, Retail Marketing team, Sales team, & D2C team
- This role is responsible for being the owner of the US marketing Go-to-market strategy and liaising with all teams on defining our US specific strategy
- In addition to US team – this role will work hand in hand with the Global team
- Number of direct reports: 0
- Total Staff: Team is currently made of a 1 AVP, 1 Assistant Manager, & 1 Coordinator – in addition to this current role
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of marketing experience, preferably in the prestige cosmetics/fragrance industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills. Self-motivated.
- Proactive problem-solving skills.
- Must be an excellent team player with collaborative mindset, the ability to build, foster and nurture relationships with members of cross-functional teams.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $117,300 - $164,200
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.