For more than a century, L'Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L'Oréal means joining our mission of offering people worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
This position is responsible for overseeing the end-to-end execution and the implementation of recovery strategies for a division as it relates to the products managed by the Open Manufacturing team. In this capacity, you will have the unique opportunity to serve as the key point for escalation for the divisional team while also interfacing with our virtual manufacturing partners. This role will have both the Launch and the Master Scheduling (MPS) functions report into them as well as a matrixed responsibility of the Category team as it relates to the health of the catalog managed. This results in exciting end-to-end ownership of the division within Open Manufacturing and the ability to engage and lead all teams to solve for operational bottlenecks. This role will be responsible for engaging key stakeholders to problem-solve and have influence across the organization to ensure the business needs are met. The Business Team Senior Manager will report into the head of the Open Manufacturing Business Team and will serve on the Business Team’s Leadership team—driving Open Manufacturing planning excellence and harmonization for Launch and MPS. This leadership role offers substantive career development experience and the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, challenging work environment.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Serve as a divisional lead within the OMA business cell & the primary representative of the division within OMA
- Interface with divisional DO and contribute as a member of divisional Leadership meetings
- Ensure the 12-month rolling production plan built by the team is in collaboration with GBSC teams and CM planning, assist in allocating medium to long-term capacity of the plant, and ensure the production plan is feasible. Also, alert GBSC teams in case of risk of nonrealization.
- Analyze the production plan validated compared to M-1, Budget & Trends. Report the data and reasoning behind trends to senior leadership and finance.
- Serve as primary point of escalation for launch & master planners for all hot topics and service risk items for the end-to-end catalog as well as divisional partners (GBSC, Development, Sourcing etc.)
- Responsible for ensuring that there are measures to in place to maintain end to end stock continuity of their division’s catalog (when there are reformulation or product changes)
- Attend Supply Review meetings with Global Brand Supply Chain leadership and DO’s as well as any other meetings with the divisional DO that requires OMA attendance – drive conversation and results.
- Ensure the team is actioning key takeaways after the Supply Review and that there will be progress in unblocking bottlenecks or key milestones before next month’s review.
- Responsible for ensuring the communication of Excess and Obsolete for the Active Cosmetics Division (by MPS & launch) is happening and being aligned on; serve as catalyst for alignment, and align on reason for E&O accrual
- Facilitation of the launch to basic transfer for SKUs in the Active Cosmetics Division – ensure 100% responsibility of successful handoff
- Escalate Contract Manufacturer facing risks to Category Cell Leads & Category Head & determine critical next steps
- Continuously drive strategic initiatives for the team to own and execute with the Category team
- Guide the team in defining ways to improve recovery on top service offenders, identify areas of opportunity and deploy creative solutions to resolve operational bottlenecks.
- Work with other divisional leads to drive planning best practices and projects for the Business Cell (encompassing launch & MPS projects)
- Any other duties as deemed necessary for continuous flow of operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain discipline required
- 7 + years management experience in a high-performance manufacturing facility or supply planning - cosmetics industry preferred
- SAP experience / APO Planning preferred
- Advanced Excel required (Pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, analysis of large datasets etc.)
- Must have strong written/verbal and communication and analytical skills; ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously; manage change, provide program management and achieve results.
- Proven ability to develop short and long-range plans that meet established objectives and contribute to the overall goals and mission of the company.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to consolidate, present information and interface with plant and corporate personnel at various organizational levels.
- Previous people management preferred
Leadership Behaviors and Competencies Required:
We lead this way to empower everyone to contribute to our mission of Beauty for All
- Lead with: Trust, Respect, Inspiration, Collaboration, Clarity, and Courage
- Innovator: Ability to demonstrate curiosity and challenge the status quo
- Strategist: Ability to build a shared vision and strategic frame
- Entrepreneur: Take initiative with courage and transparency
- Integrator: Listens and communicates effectively, networks
- People Developer: takes charge of own development and fosters learning
Technical / Professional
- Must demonstrate excellent business and personal ethics
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Must have strong leadership skills with relevant experience in project management, manufacturing practices, and dealing with internal/external customers
- Must have strong analytical skills / Excel skills
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to interface with ALL plant and corporate personnel
- Ability to manage change, provide program management, and achieve results
- Ability to track production to plan