L’Oréal, the world leader in cosmetics, is synonymous with beauty, innovation and scientific excellence in more than 130 countries. As the leader in the beauty industry, our success is a direct result of our unequaled employees. L’Oréal is always looking for talented and ambitious minds to help build our beauty into something even better. Leadership also means innovation and quality. We offer the most technologically advanced products to our customers and a portfolio of brands in every product category. L’Oréal USA fully encompasses all aspects of beauty for everyone, everywhere.
As a Sr. Scientist in the Applied Research Group you will develop innovative active cosmetics from antioxidant selection/evaluation, to formulation for optimized performance with proven consumer perceivable benefits. You’ll work in a team-oriented international environment and collaborate with various external groups.
II. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Propose and investigate novel approaches for active formulation, and develop formulas for specific active compounds to support clinical evaluation.
- Put in place a patent strategy that will safeguard the formula and technology invented.
- Work closely with Advanced Research to identify new raw materials and new technology with potential benefits for cosmetic applications.
- Work closely with Development labs to ensure smooth transition of new products and technologies.
- Maintain good knowledge of competitor’s patent environments and close awareness of consumer need gap and marketing trends.
- DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Master with industrial experience on personal care formulation or Ph.D. in Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Physical Chemistry, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or Biophysics.
- Excellent knowledge of structure and property relationship of materials. Preferably with hand-on experience in cosmetic and personal care industries with knowledge in emulsions, microemulsion and active formulation.
- Experience and knowledge on antioxidants, or other actives would be a big plus.
- The candidate must be able to design/perform experiments independently and deliver reliable data.
- He/She must be very organized on experimental records and related documents.
- The candidate must be creative and self-motivated - able to think out of the box and willing to take an extra step to get job done.
- He/She should be a good team player with excellent communication skills in order to work in the cross-functional environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.