L’Oreal Accounting Shared Services – St. Petersburg, FL
L’Oréal leads the world of beauty with 36 global renowned brands such as L’Oreal Paris, Maybelline, Lancôme, Ralph Lauren, Matrix, Redken, Carol’s Daughter, Skinceuticals, Essie, Kiehl’s, YSL, NYX Professional Make Up, Urban Decay, Mizani, etc. With €29.87 billion in annual sales and record operating margin in 2019 at 18.6% of sales. We have a presence in 150 countries, over 497 registered patents, launching over 500 products a year and 3.3% of its consolidated sales invested into its world-wide research facilities, L’Oréal is a technologically advanced company which manufactures and supplies over 4.5 billion units annually to the world.
We are the Accounting team at the L’Oreal Shared Services located in St. Petersburg, FL. We lead the completion of all the critical accounting transactions. We ensure the compliance of our methods and processes, and develop the reports that are used to share our results globally. We are always aiming to reach even greater heights in terms of accuracy and timing and are looking for exceptional Accounting professionals like you. Opportunity: Come join our dynamic team! We are currently actively looking for a:
SR. SUPERVISOR, ACCOUNTING CONSOLIDATION AND REPORTING
- Report to the Senior Manager of Consolidation & Reporting at the Shared Service Center (SSC).
- Ensure the respect of the IFRS standards.
- Prepare the consolidation reporting to the group for North America as well all other reports requested by the group during the year.
- Responsible for meeting group deadlines and following technical accounting processes.
- Analyze transactions recorded in the GL for proper accounting treatment. Perform (identify and implement where necessary) controls to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Work closely with accounts payable, treasury and GL accountants within the SSC.
- Be in contact with the heads of accounting of entities or divisions.
- Ensure back-up for other key points of contact within General Ledger and Reporting teams in order to guarantee service continuity.
- Able to communicate well within the local and global organization.
- Work well with peer teams to advise on accounting issues and enforce compliance with accounting standards and processes.
- Promote knowledge sharing across the SSC.
- Responsible for financial reporting controls over reporting to the Group.
- Meet reporting deadlines, be accountable for Reporting KPIs and performance dashboards for the countries/divisions (group of brands).
GL accounting tasks
- Analyze account balances and determine if activity is properly presented in accordance with IFRS. Work with divisional accounting heads and group team to understand significant and/or unique transactions.
- Understand IFRS 16 for leases and work with SLAN tool to ensure accurate and complete recording in the GL. Work with divisional accounting teams to oversee their reconciliations and ensure the consolidated information provided to the group is in accordance with the standards.
- Ensure reconciliations for complex accounts are performed at the consolidated level. Collaborate with account owners to optimize accounting procedures and controls across divisions.
- Perform corporate accounting responsibilities for complex accounts such as, but not limited to, royalties, benefit plans, leases, preliminary financial statement reviews, restructuring provisions, acquisition and sale accounting, returns reserves, ad hoc items as needed. Collaborate with divisional accounting heads to determine proper recognition in the GL and presentation in the consolidated reporting to the group.
- Prepare audit support schedules.
- Perform miscellaneous account analysis.
- Aggregate the balance sheet analytics prepared by the division leaders into a consolidated format. Understand fluctuations and ensure complete and accurate information is compiled quarterly and for the two hard closes.
- Serve as backup for CONSO reporting and assist with additional requests from the Group.
- Communicate with North America division leaders to provide explanations for reporting questions received from the Group.
- Prepare regulatory reporting in accordance with applicable deadlines.
Perform specific tasks linked to sales
- Calculate Royalties and prepare invoices for affiliates.
- Post and prepare declaration of Environmental tax (if applicable).
- Prepare and post journal entries: Loyalty Program, provision for allowances for returns, provisions for off invoice allowances, etc.
Accounting internal control
- Monitor controls over fixed asset and lease liability rollforwards, restructuring reports, trend, share, and other required schedules for CONSO reporting as requested by the Group. This is done at least quarterly and for the hard close in May and November.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures regarding General Ledger and Reporting.
- Ensure segregation of duties respect.
- Ensure that financial communication respects Group standards.
- BA / BS degree in Accounting required
- Current CPA license
- Minimum of 3 to5 years of experience in complex audit engagements
- Up to 5 years of experience in General Ledger accounting or group consolidation.
- provide guidance and perform technical research to ensure proper IFRS compliance.
- Perform and oversee effectiveness for key financial controls.
- Respects deadlines and manages priorities effectively.
- Ability to perform analyses regarding monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Like to manipulate a lot of data and work on process improvement opportunities.
- Must be able to lead, manage, and motivate a diverse professional staff.
- SAP experience preferred but not required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office 365, primarily advanced Excel skills.
- Support the financial statement month-end close process through timely and effective preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and managing close deliverables.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills; business acumen; organizational skills; oral and written communication skills; and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative and fast-paced work environment.
- Special projects as required.
- Growth mindset.
- Travel to New Jersey is required (Approx. 5%).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.