Position Overview: This position reports to the Cell Manager and is responsible for exemplary leadership of the packaging operatives to ensure that the production schedule is executed in a manner fully aligned with our Quality, Safety, Environment and Employee standards.
- Supervise a team of Packaging Machine Operators and Mechanics to execute the production plan, ensuring total compliance with all departmental, Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements.
- Assist in employee development through coaching to support cell achievement goals as defined by Management.
- Embraces a coaching culture, ensures development of both technical and professional competencies for team through proper training in methods and procedures that maximize the efficient operation of the cell.
- Responsible for daily management fundamentals to include organization of team meetings, development of action plans to improve key performance indicators, setting priorities, presentation of results, top down bottom up communications.
- Implementation and participation of the identified best practices.
- Participation in the emergency response team.
- Reporting of safety and quality incidents.
- Support of and reporting of Labor planning.
- Inventory accuracy.
- Sets clear goals, coaches, conducts performance reviews and counsels employees
- Sets the standard to ensure an open and effective employee relations environment within the cell.
- Provide shift leadership and makes daily production and shift decisions.
- Encourages employee engagement.
Educational or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong preference for engineering or business administration.
- 1 to 3+ years of previous supervisory experience required in a manufacturing environment, preferably the cosmetics industry.
- Experience with methods for Optimizing Production (TPR,SMED,OEE,etc)
- Computer skills, to include experience with Microsoft Office - spreadsheets, pivot tables, presentations, graphics software and database management.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.