Función del empleo: Operations
Tipo de puesto: Internship
Tipo de empleo: Full - Time
Join our Manufacturing Process teams!
6-month internship starting between January and March 2021
Joining L'Oréal means above all discovering a true industrial company delivering more than 7 billion products worldwide every year.
By joining the Manufacturing Process teams, you will deep dive in Operations, whose metiers contribute to the growth of L'Oréal, from product development, sourcing, production to the distribution of all the Group's products. As an ally of the brands, Operations always develops and seeks the most agile, innovative, efficient and responsible solutions to meet the specific requirements and diversity of consumers.
A taste of your daily life in Manufacturing Process?
It is 10:30 AM, Anthony finishes a phone call with a manager from the Research & Innovation department, who is finalizing the development of a new formula. During a team meeting, his manager asks him a risk analysis on that new formula. He also has to suggest a new manufacturing process for that future product launch. In addition, his manager asks him to think about the industrial feasibility of an innovative process. Anthony begins to work on these challenging projects!
Like Anthony, you are passionate about Process engineering and you want to experience it concretely in the teams of the Beauty leader? You want to participate in achieving excellence for our products. Our internships are made for you!
As part of Quality expertise, Pilot and Innovation Process teams are closely involved in product development. They facilitate the massive industrialization of our formulas while constantly seeking innovation and agility. They also optimize development and manufacturing processes. The Innovation Process team focuses on implementation of innovative processes from scratch whereas the Pilot team are the link between the formula proposed by Research and Innovation and the Manufacturing.
Several internship offers are available in this field.
These are some missions you might have to achieve:
· Manage risk analysis on formulas proposed by Research & Innovation
· Elaborate the manufacturing processes for each product launches
· Manage extrapolation tests between several manufacturing processes or between several formulas
· Optimize the existing manufacturing processes
· Develop methods of characterization for cosmetic products
· Test the industrial feasibility of an innovative process and propose an industrialization strategy
· Co-develop new processes by working closely with our formulation laboratories
· And innovate, go further: bring your own ideas and impact!
What is in for you?
· 6 months surrounded by passionate teams
· A learning experience where you can stretch yourself personally and professionally
· A lot of challenges and opportunities to be seized and as many responsibilities to take
· The opportunity to innovate and create the products of tomorrow
· A compensation between 1250€ and 1400€ gross per month
What do you need to apply?
· Business School / Engineering School / University
What qualities will help you land the internship?
· Convincing. You explain your ideas clearly, based on sound reasoning.
· Entrepreneurial. You like to try new things and discover new ways of doing things!
· Team player. You have excellent interpersonal skills and easily find your place in a team.
· Open-minded. You exchange on your ideas and integrate the opinions of others in order to find the optimal solution.
· Creative. You like to think outside the box and propose innovative solutions.
· Data champion. Working with data holds no more secrets for you!
Want to apply?
Here are the next steps!
1. Click on "Apply now", fill in your details and upload your CV (a cover letter is not necessary!):
2. You will then talk to MYA, our chatbot, to make sure you meet all the necessary administrative requirements (don't worry, this is not an interview),
3. You will receive a link by e-mail in order to answer 3 questions via our artificial intelligence tool Seedlink, whose answers allow us to evaluate your cultural "fit" with L'Oréal (after a week without a response to Seedlink, your application may not be processed by our teams!).
If your CV is selected, you will be invited to a telephone interview with a recruiter. This is an exploratory discussion to get to know you better and identify the job, the field, the division relevant for you.
Last step if the exploratory interview is positive: you will have the opportunity to meet your potential future manager for a second and final interview to discuss the missions entrusted to you. This interview can take place during a collective recruitment event if you are available, or during a more traditional individual interview.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much responsibility will I have as an intern?
As an intern at L’Oréal, you will be welcomed as a full member of a team, with your scope and responsibilities. Of course, you will not be alone: your manager will provide you with objectives and a vision. However, to succeed you will need to keep in mind that you play the main part in your journey and future projection in the Group. Entrepreneurship spirit is key J
What about the integration process?
During the first days of your internship, you will meet many people from your team, and other functions in order to broaden your vision of the Group’s challenges and help you to success in your job. All interns and apprentices will have access to inspiring speakers, learning opportunities and possibilities to connect!
Will I have a chance to land a job after my internship?
We take our interns and apprentices very seriously. So yes, it is our ultimate goal! In average, each year, former interns and apprentices fulfill 70% of our junior job needs. A very large number of our current employees at all levels have come through this type of experience.
I do not know anything about cosmetics: do I stand a chance?
Less than one-third of our interns have had previous experiences in the beauty industry. We give more credit to other essential qualities such as entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, and the ability to question and dare.
Can you tell me a bit more about L’Oréal?
Zoom in on the Operationsbusiness lines and watch our testimonials on YouTube.
Discover our social and environmental commitment, and how we aim to be a catalyst for change in the beauty industry and beyond with L’Oréal for the Future
Meet Pooja, Process engineer at L’Oréal: BY THE WAY