Internships are often the first step to a career with The Body Shop® or the wider L'Oreal® Group. As a proud international ethical beauty brand we are committed to developing people and sourcing talent… are you our next natural ingredient?
Our Property Internship is a unique opportunity to work alongside the Property Director for both The Body Shop® and L'Oreal® UK (Retail). Working for a multinational organisation, you will see first-hand how decisions are made and implemented. As the Property Intern you will ensure that the strategic programme for store openings, renewals and closures are maintained in line with the strategic business objectives and timelines.
During your internship you will report and prepare papers to be signed off by the Board Directors and provide support across the Property and Maintenance functions. You will attend meetings with both internal teams and external agents, which will not only give you a broader understanding of The Body Shop, but the Property industry as a whole.
This role will play a crucial role in long-term projects, for example the current Property Intern has been working on strategic store relocations, as well as the opening of new discount outlet stores. You will be involved in the full project lifecycle, from writing reports for Board approval, shop fittings, store visits to assess progress and then celebrating the store openings.
The successful candidate will spend around one day a week travelling to different stores across the UK and attending meetings with external agents including Architects.
- Provide support to and engage with key stakeholders as well as working and negotiating with other functions across the business such as Finance and Legal
- Be responsible for collating and preparing financial models and evaluations
- Spending time travelling; carrying out store visits and attending meetings
- Work with external agencies such as real estate advisors and lawyers
- Reporting to the Property Director regularly and providing them with project updates
- An interest in property is desirable
- A full UK driving license is required due to the travel requirements of this role
- Be adaptable to working in different environments
- Strong interpersonal and time-management skills
- Be able to work autonomously
- You must be eligible to work in the UK
- Full clean UK driving license
- You must be eligible to complete a placement as part of your degree
- You must be on track to attaining a minimum 2:1 for your degree
Please note that once you have submitted your application the Graduate Team will be reviewing it at the first available opportunity. However, in some instances you may be waiting a number of weeks to be hearing back from us due to other team constraints.