About The Brand
NYX is the fastest growing cosmetics company in the world. Headquartered in Los Angeles CA, NYX maintains one of the broadest product offerings in the industry with more than 1.800 color choices across 100 cosmetic categories. Rich pigments and high payoff in products is what places NYX in a class of its own and distinguishes the line as a leader in the color cosmetics industry. With origins in the US, NYX is a global brand available at thousands of retailers and department stores, freestanding shops, and beauty supply stores around the world, as well as on www.nyxcosmetics.com.
We believe that being a desired employer means offering more than tangible benefits. Our management values work life balance, flexibility, efficiency, responsive and friendly customer service. We are just as committed to our employees as we are to our customers. We listen to employees’ ideas and interests and we constantly strive to build a culture that fosters creativity, productivity and efficiency. We offer a fun and open environment throughout our offices to welcome idea sharing, communication, collaboration and team work.
The Counter Manager is our brand ambassador motivates and inspires the team to achieve store productivity goals for one of our retail partners. Defines, manages and Analyzes the sales target week to date and month to date, and develops action plans to drive top line sales. Leads a team of beauty advisors through effective people management and play a key role as the main point of contact for the L’Oréal Travel Retail Americas head office. Assess team and evaluates on-going personnel needs, ensuring the individual and collective skills are utilized effectively. Manages store operations, ensuring consistency and compliance.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Assumes overall responsibility of the store.
- Consistently creates a welcoming environment for the customer by greeting and assisting as well as quickly responding to customer inquiries and needs.
- Demonstrates desired behaviors for staff including a passion for beauty and self-expression, driving sales, handling difficult and/or complicated sales, cash management, inventory control and follow up with customers.
- Ensures company standards are met for store and associate appearance at all times.
- Prioritizes, plans, and adjusts schedules as necessary to maximize sales: is responsible for the staff planning.
- Hires to the needs of the business, actively helping the Regional Manager to recruit to ensure open positions are filled quickly.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes all merchandising direction, campaigns, and sales promotions reported by Regional Sales Executive in a timely manner.
- Coaches team in the moment, providing consistent and constructive feedback.
- Ensures staff is trained and knowledgeable in beauty, product, customer service, merchandising and operations.
- Manages and assesses staff performance through consistent feedback, coaching, development plans, and performance appraisals.
- Forecasts/reforecasts business, focusing on productivity to meet sales goals.
- Enforces all company policies and procedures, including health, safety, and security.
- Manages store controlled expenses to budget (staff efficiency planning, cleanings and office materials orders), identifying opportunities to increase contribution.
- Reports weekly sales to RSE and control tester’ request.
- Regularly communicates with RSE to discuss strengths, opportunities, and trends in business.
- Identifies opportunities to drive traffic into the store through community and/or industry events.
- Creates customer loyalty and creates and maintains relationships with community
- Ensures pricing, signage, and displays are correct at all times.
- Maintains acceptable levels of merchandise based on turns, at all times.
- Participate cross functionally with the company’s plans and programs as a strategic partner, with a perspective of the impact on people.
- 1-3 years’ experience in retail store management
- Able to communicate at a high level both verbal and written.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and business acumen.
- Ability to effectively manage people.
- Passion for beauty.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to independently solve moderate to complex problems.
- Demonstrates flexibility and initiative with minimal direction.
- Proper grooming based on brand guidelines
- Ability to interact with customers from multiple nationalities
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on occasional to frequent basis
- Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing or moving about the store. Physical activities include bending, stooping, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking, and/or reaching on a frequent basis.
- Prior experience in a cosmetics environment
- Prior experience in managing people a plus
- Knowledge of any of the following is a plus: Spanish / Portuguese
- Full time
- Flexible schedule; store hours are 5am to midnight