For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
Manages professional-level Trade Compliance operation to develop and coordinate International Customs Compliance and correctly assign classification information for multiple product types imported into the US, Canada and Mexico. Plans, organizes, and coordinates all Free Trade Agreement activities using Global Trade Management software to ensure accurate and timely recording and reporting to support financial results for the organization.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Manages self, staff and workload to ensure accuracy and adherence to deadlines
- Provides Harmonized (Tariff) Schedule codes and duty rates to Product Development, Transportation and Purchasing organizations
- Works with import and export brokers to resolve questions and provide information as needed for timely clearance
- Analyses and reviews international trade activity in USA, Canada and Mexico
- Improves policies and procedures for recordkeeping and Broker interfaces;
- Supports Total Landed Cost analysis and reviews international trade activity in USA, Canada and Mexico
- Supports preparation of Post-Entry Adjustments and binding ruling requests for submission to customs or customs broker
- Supports Global Trade Compliance organization in France
- Provides guidance and follow-up for problems, issues, etc.
- BA/BS in Logistics, Transportation or Business-related field required
- 3+ years’ experience with broad customs classification experience using the Harmonized (Tariff) Schedules in an international transportation or customs brokerage atmosphere
- Licensed US Customs Broker or Certified Classification Specialist preferred
- Global Trade Management software experience; Integration Point a plus
- Must have computer skills and proficiency in Excel and other MS Office programs
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills; business acumen; leadership skills; oral and written communication skills; and excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with SAP or other ERP systems beneficial
- Share best practices throughout local area and L’Oreal Global
- Thrive within a changing organization and fast-paced work environment
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive
- Self-motivated and work independently and as a team member
- Influence team and work well in a cross-functional team
- Manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return
- Selflessly develop others
- Build positive work relationships with all levels of the company
- People Developer
- Implement and utilize the L’Oreal USA Manifesto, Behavior Charter and Competencies
Technical / Professional:
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies;
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner;
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions;
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,;
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results;
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills;
- Results oriented;
- Must be willing to travel overnight.
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.