Urban Decay is seeking a Marketing Director to join our team in Newport Beach, CA.
The U.S. Marketing Director is a data driven marketer, responsible for market analysis to guide business decisions. The Director of US Marketing will assist in the creation and execution of robust and impactful marketing campaigns and identify key business drivers for the U.S. business including all accounts: Sephora, Ulta, Macy’s, SiJCP, Belk, Nordstrom, QVC and FSS. The Director is an integral part of the U.S. marketing team that helps drive and influence in-store events, point-of-sale, merchandising, sampling, GWPs, and special projects thru mastery of data driven analytics.
- Data driven marketer, responsible for market analysis to guide business decisions
- Analyze NPD data & prepare reporting on marketplace & competition
- Analyze core & new product launch results and business impact
- Analysis on competitive marketplace positioning, shade ranking, launch/pricing, etc.
- Work with CMI Team on U.S. specific market analysis/research, build customer profiles and target consumer data
- Assist with Executive/Senior Leadership Meeting preparation
- Assist with maintaining updates of sales volume and forecasts for MOB
- Assist in development of robust and custom 360 marketing programs and key business drivers for all US accounts, with a specific emphasis on the open-sell environment at Sephora and Ulta as well as the vertical business of FSS.
- Helps to manage the US launch calendar strategy and launch plan date roll-out
- Manages US Marketing Manager with oversite of:
- Development of impactful US sampling and GWP programs for all accounts while adhering to budget and communicating U.S. specific needs to DMI.
- Management of US packout programs including conception, development, and budget approvals.
- Manages the strategy for market meetings and works with AM to prepare the marketing book. Travels to retailers to present market and to work with each retailer on custom campaigns/activations.
- Alignment with US Events team on campaigns with all retailers and special needs like tradeshows, internal meetings, FSS, etc.
- Manages US marketing budget rollup to align to program drivers
- Partners with Education & Events Team on all US field needs, communications, meetings and presentations.
These job responsibilities are subject to change in accordance with business necessity other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities, and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Needs a thorough understanding of the U.S. marketplace, competition, and NPD data.
- Highly adaptive AND open to suggestions
- Deadline-oriented and excellent at time management
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OR REQUIREMENTS
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Education, Experience, Licenses or Certifications:
- Bachlors degree in marketing preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position
- Advanced analytical skills
- Excellent data visualization skills
- Basic computer skills
- Advnced in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient skills in other Microsoft Office programs
- Standard MS Office applications
- Resourceful online
About Urban Decay Cosmetics
Our story opens in the mid-‘90s, when pink, red and beige enslaved the prestige beauty market. Flying in the face of this monopoly, Urban Decay unleashed a line of lipsticks and nail enamels inspired by seedier facets of the urban landscape. The vibe since day one? Beauty with an edge™.
While we’ve grown like crazy since then, we haven’t stopped experimenting. We now offer an endless array of high-performance cosmetics, from velvety-soft shadows (including some of the industry’s bestselling palettes) and creamy, badass lipsticks to weightless complexion products and high-tech setting sprays to make your makeup last all day.
Urban Decay is the leading, trend-setting cosmetics company that extends employment opportunities to those individuals who are just as passionate about working in the industry as we are. Our company's success and growth allows us to search for highly talented and extremely dedicated individuals who are eager to join our team.
We are part of the L'Oréal group. Find out more about our parent company online at: http://www.loreal.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.