Función del empleo: Sales & Business Development
Tipo de puesto: Permanent
Tipo de empleo: Full - Time
Localización: New York, NY
País: United States
The Vice President of Sales for L’Oreal Dermatological Beauty Medical Detailing Brands (La Roche-Posay, CeraVe, Dermablend) provides leadership, direction, and resource stewardship to the organization’s field sales function. The VP Sales is accountable for overall sales organization performance driven by the field sales team, the profitable achievement of sales organization goals, and for aligning sales objectives with business strategy.
• Aligns the field sales medical detailing objectives with business strategy through active participation in corporate strategic planning, sales strategy development, sales resource planning, and budgeting working with multiple key stakeholders on all brands from General Management, to Marketing and Medical Relations. Works in partnership with Director of Retail Regional Sales and Training Manager for cross collaboration between medical detailing and the retail field sales team calling on retail store managers and beauty service advisors.
• Develops and leads business development strategy ensuring alignment with corporate strategy and goals and communication cycle priorities to increase share of recommendations in the field among Health Care Providers (HCP) including dermatologists, physician extenders, pediatricians, pharmacists.
• Works with senior management to strategically recommend 3-5 year plan for growth and expansion of reach among various types of HCP recommenders
• Accountable for effective sales organization design, including sales job roles, and sales resource deployment and optimization, career pathing, incentive compensation plan
• Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume, share of derm recommendation overall and per key disease state, field call activity and other key financial performance and activity based KPI objectives.
• Leads development initiatives impacting the sales organization and provides stewardship of sales and sales management talent through training and education direct report. Through direct management of 1 Training and Education Director, the VP establishes learning and development objectives essential to the sales organization’s success, will lead transformation to a new LMS system and oversee the effective delivery of training and development programs, actively assesses the value of training and development investments, and monitors learning and development outcomes to ensure high ROI. Lead collaboration with outside agency on selling skills training.
• Lead the implementation of a new sales organizations performance management CRM system which will be a sales organization change initiative. This includes working with the global team to execute the US variant of a new system, establishing and prioritizing critical performance measures ensuring all key sales and sales management associates are held accountable for assigned results as aligned to with management.
• Provides leadership to the sales organization’s management team, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior.
• Accountable for the sales organization support budget. Ensures support investments yield productivity benefits consistent with established objectives.
• Provides managerial leadership to Sales Administration with a focus on accountability reporting coming from the sales performance CRM system and timely bonus payout.
• Lead with inspiration and foster a culture of connectedness. Lead with clarity of communication. Drive forward with motivational leadership and a focus on rewards and recognition.
• Leads sales organization change initiatives by continuously assessing the need for organizational change, championing change initiatives, and removing obstacles impeding constructive organizational change.
• Reports to Brand General Manager
• Accountability/responsibility to stakeholders on both La Roche-Posay and CeraVe
• Peer colleague to other medical/marketing functional heads and Director of Retail field sales team
• Direct report staff includes Regionals, 1 Training and Education director, 1.5 Sales Administration team members, 1 Hospital System representative & responsibility for larger derm group and potential GPO opportunities through dotted line Director of Integrated Health direct report.
• Proven experience and success as a VP Sales or similar leadership role with multiple regions and large number of field sales team members
• Minimum of 10 years Sales/Business Development experience in Dermatology/Pharmaceutical industry in US
• Experience in field sales training and education
• Strong entrepreneurial mindset and leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Strategic thinking
• Strong customer focus and relationship in dermatology
• Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in a matrixed organization with multiple stakeholders
• Strong people management skills
• Strong familiarity with CRM tools and LMS systems