Función del empleo: Operations
Tipo de puesto: Permanent
Tipo de empleo: Full - Time
Localización: Walton, KY
País: United States
This position starts out as an ORDER PICKER, then moves to a FORKLIFT DRIVER in 3-6 months. After that, it is a hybrid role between the two positions.
You do not need forklift experience to qualify.
3rd – 10:00pm – 6:30am, Sunday through Thursday
Starting at $17.50/hour plus shift differential.
MMS II is responsible for the accurate movement of products, supporting receiving, storing, and shipping operations, while meeting company standards of safety, quality, and productivity. This employee will be certified, on-site, on all powered industrial trucks and other material handling equipment and be available to work scheduled hours to meet customer demands
Education: High school graduate or GED equivalent
Experience: One year experience in a warehouse/manufacturing environment, forklift experience is a plus
Knowledge/Skills: Computer skills, familiarity with electronic scanning devices is a plus
Decisions made by Employees can directly impact the overall performance of the business. Every employee must be able to make decisions with only moderate involvement from management.
Safety, security, sustainability, and quality are core responsibilities. Employees work proactively to accomplish the safety objective, zero enlarged accidents while maintaining security around the site. They make sound judgments and decisions in the best interest of our environment and in line with LOREAL’s sustainability vision. Employees demonstrate integrity when making decisions that impact the quality of our work with customers and protect the overall image of LOREAL.
Continuous improvement is the expectation. Employees are expected to optimize their performance through sound judgment and decision making, flexibility and simplification are essential. Decisions should be made with the intention of lowering total landed costs by reducing indirect spending and improving productivity.
Customer service is a priority. Employees should make decisions that meet all customer demands; delivering quality orders to our customers on time. Decisions made on a daily basis should always consider our customers’ expectations. Employees should actively contribute to our agility and speed up to market initiatives.
Sitting / Computer Work - 50%
Standing - 30%
Walking - 5%
Lifting - 3%
Reaching - 3%
Bending - 3%
Climbing - 3%
Twisting - 3%
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
Percent of Time
1. Load and unload product in an efficient and safe manner, making all necessary system transactions and tracking all paperwork as appropriate. Transport product to storage areas using proper equipment and efficiently stack and store product. Replenish products in a timely manner to maintain customer order flow. Utilize RF scanners and the WMS. On a daily basis, inspect all assigned equipment.
2. Prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and other miscellaneous tasks as required.
3. Conduct operations and model behavior that promotes a safe environment. These actions would include looking in the direction of travel, wearing a seatbelt, stopping when required, driving at an appropriate speed, and sounding the horn correctly as examples.
4. Check product for accuracy in inventory and damage, communicate any discrepancies immediately. Assist in physical inventories. Ensure proper stock rotation in the WMS.
5. Maintain a clean and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
Section 8: Required Competencies
1. Must demonstrate 100% responsibility.
2. Must have the ability and willingness to learn new operations/technologies.
3. Must deliver outstanding results through teamwork, selflessly developing, and training others for success.
4. Must have a positive attitude and be open to new ideas and concepts.
5. Must thrive within a changing organization requiring the need to multi-task.
6. Must-listen for understanding and communicate using the Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How model.
7. Must resolve conflicts directly and be committed to team decisions.
NOTE: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.