As a data scientist intern, you will join our Precision Advertising team at the heart of Global Digital organization. After a first step helping L’Oréal to adopt ad tech and fast move to a modern digital marketing landscape, the team have decided to go further with cloud technologies, marketing automation and data science.
As a data scientist intern, you will be autonomous on your subjects (with the help of a senior data scientist). In our team, we all make end-to-end processes to help L’Oréal country teams to be more efficient and have a strong impact on their business. You may treat very various topics: From a simple data analysis to recommendation engine, scoring or image classification.
· Find, extract, retrieve, organize and structure data, coming from heterogeneous sources
· Design and organize large-scale data pipeline, data storage and cloud infrastructure
· Develop, rigorously test and implement statistical / machine learning models in response to our objectives with regards of real-world constraints and objectives
· Build POCs
· Build and push models into production (in the cloud)
· Communicate with business teams in order to contribute to digital transformation
· Master / Engineering school specialized in Machine Learning, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics
· You have good communication skills and understand where data science could benefit to the company
· You have a good knowledge of Python, and bonus points if you have experience with one of the following languages : R, Java
· Ability to work with Git and Linux (including basic shell commands)
· You have a good knowledge in statistic and machine learning
· You can easily combine mathematical modelling and software development.
Desired skills and experiences:
· You have experience with or knowledge of machine learning framework (pandas, numpy, sklearn, Tensorflow, Keras, pyTorch …)
· Experience with cloud platforms (Google Cloud or AWS)
· You have an entrepreneurial spirit and drive your projects to their completion.
· Your English is excellent
· You can present and explain your work to business stakeholders and non-technical audiences
Who are you?
· An enthusiastic, curious, creative person, who is always on the lookout for new technologies and methodologies
· You are a builder
· You like bringing your ideas face to face with a challenging environment and test them in practice
· You want to develop and enrich your expertise through teamwork.