Want to work for a company that recognizes your individuality, passion, and gives you the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways from day one? A company devoted to building and shaping your future, that was rated as a WayUp Top 100 internship program, and is a market leader in its industry with brands such as Baxter of California, Redken, Kiehl’s, Lancôme, and NYX Professional Makeup? Then check out this summer internship opportunity with L’Oréal USA.
Our finance teams are looking for high-performing and motivated students to join their teams, lead their own project, and create tangible change in one of the world’s most innovative CPGs. At L’Oréal, we give our interns the space to explore, to have full time employee responsibilities, present their own insights to senior management, and to become future leaders.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Own an individual project and/or group project with strategic business impact that you present to senior leaders
- Dive into the world of finance through day-to-day tasks like category analysis, process improvement, systems enhancement, and more
- Generate and analyze financial data using a variety of systems to recommend profitable business strategies for L’Oréal brands
- Monitor actual business results vs. budgets, trends and forecasts
- Evaluate the ROI of strategic business decisions to effectively manage brand P&L
- Provide financial support to Marketing, Sales, Operations, Manufacturing and other L’Oréal operating departments
- Network and learn about multiple functions (Digital, Supply Chain, Sales, R&I and Marketing)
- Participate in formal and informal training opportunities
- Develop business acumen from leading finance managers in the CPG industry
Who You Are:
- You must be an enrolled 4-year degree college student graduating either Spring or Summer 2020
- You must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- You must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and ongoing future basis without requiring sponsorship
- You are able to work the entirety of the 11 week summer internship program in 2019, starting on May 29th and ending August 9th
- You are able to work in Northern New Jersey or New York City locations and have the flexibility to travel between both locations
- You thrive in a fast paced environment and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You are a self-starter with strong interpersonal and networking skills
- You are resourceful and can successfully move a project forward being given vague or new tasks
- You are able to work both collaboratively on group initiatives and autonomously on individual projects
- You have strong attention to detail analytically and are result oriented
- You have demonstrated leadership ability and interest in the area of finance through your extra-curricular activities and/or volunteer work
- You will be placed onto a team within one of three areas of finance:
- Brand Finance: Brand or commercial profit and loss (P&L) management and analysis involving interaction with various functional areas such as Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Purchasing
- Corporate Finance: Overall L’Oréal USA financial consolidation, reporting, and analysis involving interaction with various US divisions and Paris headquarters
- Operations Finance: Manufacturing, Supply Chain or Corporate Operations rotation providing financial analysis, consolidation and strategic support for production and distribution in the U.S.
Our summer internship is the primary path for consideration in L’Oréal’s full-time time Finance Management Development Program upon graduation based on overall performance.
Applications are due by Friday, November 23rd, at 11:59 PM EST.
All students will be notified of their application status by Friday, December 21st.
Want to know more? Check out the links below!
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.