Fonction professionnelle: Finance
Type de poste: Permanent
Type de contrat: Full - Time
Commercial Controlling Manager
L'Oréal has been a world leader in the cosmetics business for more than 100 years and has grown into one of the largest FMCG companies in the world. With international brands such as L'Oréal Paris, Garnier, Kérastase, Lancôme, Giorgio Armani and Vichy, we offer relevant products for every consumer.
Who am I?
· I am, together with my team of 2 commercial controllers, the financial sparring partner for the general manager and commercial team and proactively contribute to ongoing (ad hoc) business cases.
· I’m able to oversee the gross sales to gross margin across all Luxury clients (e.g. ICI PARIS XL, Douglas, Bijenkorf, etc.), categories (fragrance, skincare, makeup) and channels, reflect on deviations and steer on opportunities and risks.
· I consistently initiate improvement of the gross sales to gross margin construction.
· Managing a team of 2 commercial controllers (Belgium & The Netherlands) by coordinating their output and boosting their development to a next level;
· Overseeing the total hub gross sales to gross margin, anticipating risks & opportunities;
· Preparing the gross sales to gross margin (pre)budget bottom-up, by customer, by category, by channel;
· Monthly closing of books (month/quarter/yearend close);
· Weekly updates with commercial teams (latest estimate on turnover realization);
· Monthly monitoring of client P&L and advice on commercial negotiations;
· Revising of budget 3 times during the year;
· Daily monitoring of administrative process behind provisions (PO creation, accurate and complete balance, appropriate classification);
· Daily alignment with different disciplines within the division (general manager, commercial director, group account managers, category leaders);
· Monthly tracking and improving of internal & external audit compliance, aiming for 100% compliance;
· Consistently provide guidance and support to the commercial team, helping to develop financial acumen and business understanding;
· Continuously monitoring of the competitive landscape and market trends, providing insights to inform strategic decision-making.
· People development
· Gross sales to gross margin actual landing versus budget
· Accurate, complete and on time month close
· Pro-active finance sparring partner for the general manager and sales community
· Internal & external audit compliance
· Monthly closing of books
· Monthly reporting on client P&L performance actual versus budget
· Gross sales to gross margin prebudget, budget and trend 3x per year
· Ad hoc analysis
You are analytical strong but pragmatic when the situation requires. As a person you are determined to make a great impact by taking initiatives and sharing your ideas. It is important to feel comfortable to collaborate with different stakeholders and that you know how to convince them if necessary. Furthermore you are open minded and supportive towards new initiatives.
Our ideal candidate has or is:
· P&L management experience
· Approximately 5 to 10 years of experience in comparable field
· Excel/ PowerPoint/ Power BI (optional) knowledge
· Acts as pro-active business partner
· Entrepreneurial mindset, challenge the status quo
· Analytical, instantly spot deviations
· Willing to do the hard work for the team, support where possible
· Dare to say no, speak up if needed, not conflict avoidant
· Open but fair communication style
· Works structured, plans in advance (anticipation is key)
What do we offer?
When you start at L'Oréal, you get a great deal of responsibility from day one. To develop, we offer an introduction program and an individual training program. Training can be local or at the global headquarters in Paris. An enriching experience where you will meet international peers.
And furthermore you will find with us:
· An inspiring work environment with ambitious colleagues, where working Agile is the norm;
· A healthy career perspective with good development and career opportunities;
· A competitive salary which is adjusted on an annual basis in case of good performance;
· Good secondary employment conditions, such as a 13th month, profit sharing, discount on medical expenses and a favorable pension scheme;
· Discount on L'Oréal products
· Nice extras such as various sporting company activities.
Finally, a great added value of working at L'Oréal is that you will be working with so many different people and functions. This offers you the opportunity to broaden your knowledge about different stakeholders.
L’Oréal would like their personnel to represent the diversity of the Benelux society. We welcome everyone regardless of origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, philosophical or political conviction, disability, etc.
“A diversified workforce in every function and on all levels strengthens our creativity and our understanding of consumers and it enables us to develop and market products that are relevant“
(Jean-Paul Agon, Chairman of L’Oréal)
How to apply
Are you ready for this challenge and do you meet the conditions?
Then apply quickly!
Do you want to know what it's like to work for L'Oréal Benelux?
Check out our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/loréal/life/