Retail Brand Manager
Consumer Products Division
L'Oréal has been a world leader in the cosmetics business for more than 100 years and has grown into one of the largest FMCG companies in the world. With international brands such as L'Oréal Paris, Garnier, Kérastase, Lancôme, Giorgio Armani and Vichy, we offer relevant products for every consumer.
For our Consumer Products Division, we are looking for a talented and experienced marketer with retail/business affection to join the skincare team in the role of Retail Brand Manager, responsible for the brands L’Oréal Paris and L’Oréal Men Expert. For the role, you need to be solid, have strong communication skills to gain trust internally and externally and you are focused on results. We are looking for someone who is not afraid of a challenge and can make a change. For the role, you need to be solid, have strong communication skills to gain trust internally and externally and you are focused on results. We are looking for someone who is not afraid of a challenge and can make a change.
As a Retail Brand Manager, you will accelerate your brand with the customer. You will do this by building and rolling out shopper-centric brand plans and retail differentiated activation plans, based on a consumer decision journey and strongly founded with relevant and up-to-date shopper insights.
In summary you will:
- Challenge your stakeholders (sales & brand managers) to make strong brand and category activation plans, have best promo planning, manage better execution and focused on flawless forecast.
- Drive and (where possible) accelerate the growth of your brand.
- Create strong (and differentiated) activation plans per retailer using CRM and shopper insights translated into trade presentations.
- Develop a point of sale vision (including shelf) which is in line with the brand strategy and which connects to the different product propositions.
- Optimize retail media strategy and influence promotional strategy based on analysis.
- Intensify growth on e-commerce by improving traffic and conversion on retailer websites.
- Of course with the ultimate goal to grow the market share of your brand at the retailer in a sustainable way.
What are you going to do?
- Create a retailer-brand strategy for the Dutch market, together with the Brand Business Leader, Business Development, Account Managers and based on sell-out analyses and shopper insights.
- Focus on flawless execution and perfect forecast to avoid out of stock situations.
- Successfully activate your brand and new product introductions on the store floor.
- Measure and assess your campaigns using campaign KPIs such as retailer sales data, online sales data, reach through retail media campaigns and CRM insights.
- Develop point of sale materials online and offline with the support of the marketing coordinator.
- Ensure that your activation plans are activated simultaneously with the media plans of the Product Brand Manager and that the consumer journey connects seamlessly.
- Gather as many shopper insights as possible to develop a category vision.
- Contribute to the right analyses within Revenue Growth Management.
- Keep your knowledge up-to-date in the field of (digital) marketing. Of course, we secure your development from L'Oréal in the Learning tracks Marketing-U and our Digital Academy. In addition, we expect you to develop yourself by following (trade) magazines, collaborating on research, attending workshops or lectures, and visiting stores (online and offline).
You will work together with:
- Product Brand Managers, who build brands plan and translate them into media plans and the ideal product portfolio.
- Marketing Coordinator. This colleague provides marketing support in the set-up of retailer events, creation and logistics of Point of Sale materials.
- (E-)Account manager, with whom you develop the optimal plan for promo and retail media and with whom you collaborate on trade presentations.
- Category manager, with whom you develop the ideal shelf vision and who provides you with the latest shopper insights.
- Business planner & Demand planner. You ensure that these colleagues are up to date on the plans per retailer (promo, - and activation plans, launches) so that the units can be correctly forecast.
- Brand Business Leader skincare, suncare, bodycare, to who you will report.
You are analytical strong but pragmatic when the situation requires. As a person you are determined to make a great impact by taking initiatives and sharing your ideas. It is important to feel comfortable to collaborate with different stakeholders and that you know how to convince them if necessary. Furthermore you are open minded and supportive towards new initiatives.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Completed relevant Master's degree.
- 2-5 year of relevant work experience.
- Language requirements: Fluent in English AND Dutch (absolute must).
- You have a passion for Marketing and you embrace digital and e-commerce.
What do we offer?
When you start at L'Oréal, you get a great deal of responsibility from day one. To develop, we offer an introduction program and an individual training program. Training can be local or at the global headquarters in Paris. An enriching experience where you will meet international peers.
And furthermore you will find with us:
- An inspiring work environment with ambitious colleagues, where working Agile is the norm;
- A healthy career perspective with good development and career opportunities;
- A competitive salary which is adjusted on an annual basis in case of good performance;
- Good secondary employment conditions, such as a 13th month, profit sharing, discount on medical expenses and a favorable pension scheme;
- Discount on L'Oréal products
- Nice extras such as various sporting company activities.
Finally, a great added value of working at L'Oréal is that you will be working with so many different people and functions. This offers you the opportunity to broaden your knowledge about different stakeholders.
L’Oréal would like their personnel to represent the diversity of the Benelux society. We welcome everyone regardless of origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, philosophical or political conviction, disability, etc.
“A diversified workforce in every function and on all levels strengthens our creativity and our understanding of consumers and it enables us to develop and market products that are relevant“
(Jean-Paul Agon, Chairman of L’Oréal)
How to apply
Are you ready for this challenge and do you meet the conditions?
Then apply quickly!
Do you want to know what it's like to work for L'Oréal Benelux?
Check out our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/loréal/life/