Job: Analyst – Commercial Finance
Job Summary: NYX Professional makeup is seeking to hire a Finance Analyst. This Analyst position is responsible for assisting in the financial planning and analysis processes of the Brand(s)/Division/Operations, with specific job functions outlined below.
- Assist in the plan, budget and trends for the department(s) by preparing various financial analysis and reports
- Perform variance analysis for select P&L/balance sheet accounts and cost centers
- Produce the monthly reporting and KPIs within his/her area of responsibility using various financial systems
- Provide financial support to operating departments
- Partner with key stakeholders on Budget Planning Process (Accountabilities are general and may change according to scope of the business.)
- Leads with Human Sensitivity – Demonstrates respect (i.e. leads team in a demanding yet fair way), develops others and enriches team dynamics (i.e. transforms work pressure into constructive energy for action and mobilizes the team towards a shared vision)
- Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier” – Focuses on quality (i.e. challenges and controls the quality of the team’s work), builds knowledge of the beauty business and understands
- Demonstrates Entrepreneurship – Takes initiative, focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e. takes actions to create value and contain costs) and develops a vision
- Innovates – Shows curiosity (i.e. looks for trends and events in various domains), imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity (i.e. fosters a climate of mutual trust that empowers people to bring daring proposals)
- Achieves Results with Integrity – Conveys energy, focuses on results and acts with integrity
- Manages Complexity – Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e. simplifies complex issues by identifying essential elements) and makes decisions (i.e. involves key stakeholders in the decision making process)
- Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively and actively networks (i.e. leads and adds value to transversal projects)
L’Oreal Professional Competencies Required
- Manage Accounting Norms & Internal Controls- Basic:
- Understands L’Oreal principles of internal control and norms and procedures, including: P&L definitions, PO policies, calculations of reserves / provisions.
- Articulates basic understanding of accounting principles, including relationship between balance sheet, P&L and cash flow
- Ensures proper financial closing, including sales cut off, timing of expenses and proper recording by account
- Efficient use of Reporting & Consolidation- Basic:
- Creates accurate management reports using specified tools and report templates
- Understands interrelationships of all systems and ensures data ties out
- Understands L'Oreal reporting calendar and steps necessary to achieve deadlines
- Maximize Financial Systems- Intermediate:
- Optimizes systems and creatively obtains necessary data outside of standard reporting
- Participates in cross functional teams to drive improvements
- Identifies & develops functional requirements for new systems and enhancement.
- Shares insight and observations with less advanced users to drive repeatable value added analysis.
- Plan & Analyze Business Performance- Basic:
- Understands basic financial analysis concepts and terms, P&L management, and capital planning
- Collects data and performs data mining for variance and root cause analyses under supervision
- Optimize Cost of Sales- Basic:
- Understands different components of Cost of Sales and uses concepts in the appropriate business context
- Explains the product margin in an accurate manner
- Understands & explains cost behavior (e.g. fixed vs variable ), and classifies costs in accurate manner.
- Ensures accurate costing of products / services based on application of acceptable cost accounting methodologies including standard costing or weighted average costing
- Budget for Growth- Basic:
- Identifies & collects the inputs needed to prepare the different types of budgets /forecasts (e.g. sales and Demand Planning forecasts, launches, customer dynamics, Marketing Plans, FX, capital initiatives, etc.).
- Develops detailed bottom-up budgets and documents assumptions for subject line items.
- Proactive Business Partner- Basic:
- Seeks to understand company products, customers, market place, business drivers and overall strategy
- Participates in business meetings to understand their stakeholders and customers
- Understands key financial metrics and their relationship to the business.
L’Oreal Finance Technical Competencies Required
- Vision & Culture
- Management & Professional Development
- Professional Expertise
- Preferred Key Experiences (prior to this position)
- E- Discovery
- Successful Self Management
- Controlling Fundamentals (CG1)
- Internship within Finance/Accounting
- E- Keys to L’Oreal
- Presentation Fundamentals
- E- P&L
- Demonstrated a leadership role (i.e. clubs, organizations, group project, etc.)
- E- Finance Essentials
- E- Budgeting
- E- Measuring Profitability
- E- Managing Value Creation
- E- Creating Value on a Daily Basis
- E- Controlling Finance
About NYX Professional Makeup
NYX Professional Makeup, named after the Greek goddess who ruled the night and symbolized beauty and power, is known for high-quality, professional makeup at accessible prices. A leader in the massive color cosmetics industry, NYX Professional Makeup is defined by exceptional quality products with rich pigments and high payoff. Featuring a range of classic, seasonal, and on-trend cosmetics, NYX Professional Makeup is a must-have among beauty lovers and professional makeup artists. The brand began with artistic inspiration, a single product and a vision. While headquartered in the heart of Los Angeles, NYX Professional Makeup is a global brand available in over 70 countries at thousands of retailers consisting of specialty beauty and fashion stores, freestanding shops, and beauty supply stores as well as on www.nyxcosmetics.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.