Job Title: Analyst/Sr. Analyst - Transportation
Reports to: Manager / Director, Transportation Services
Location: Cranbury, NJ
Position Overview: Supporting the Transportation functional team, internal and external customers the transportation analyst is the process owner for service, volumetric and project analytics related to the physical flow of L’Oréal products. Analytics will include end-to-end costing alternatives, customer, carrier and vendor performance measurement and the production of comprehensive reporting and insights. Responsible for delivered service across a complex and dynamic network. Reports to the manager or director of transportation services.
- Measure carrier, provider, vendor and customer performance against targets and expectations for required service and cost
- Support business requirements gathering and evaluation for carrier and provider network
- Conduct analytics that support contractual negotiations / transportation RFP and sourcing
- Leverage business information and analytics to drive efficiencies, optimizations, and delivery solutions
- Analyze freight flow cost reduction and service improvement opportunities by studying transportation costs, transit times, and delivery performance
- Provide routine reporting and analytics and ad hoc requests from supported lines of business
- Production of executive and management level performance reporting with keen attention to detail and delivered quality
- Responsible for presentation and interpretation of key performance and leading indicators
- Support the weekly / monthly / quarterly presentation of delivered service
- Building partnerships with key service providers while also organizing routine performance reviews, publishing carrier scorecards and driving process improvement activities
- Own transportation functional support for activities from data collection to implementation
- Identify gaps in carrier lane coverage, partnering with strategic and core carriers to ensure delivered services meets contracted commitments
- Support function and in collection of business requirements to ensure proper provider selection and cost profile
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations Management or Supply Chain/Logistics
- 1- 3+ years demonstrated experience in a customer service environment and demonstrated experiences Microsoft Office applications and analytics required.
- Experience in retail / CPG transportation or with a carrier preferred. Prior multi-site operations experience preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical competency and understanding of general transportation related processes
- Strong ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external partners.
- Strong Excel and MS office skills, data visualization competency preferred
- Working knowledge of transportation, distribution and broader supply chain concepts
- General business acumen.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be a team player and customer service driven.
- Exhibits initiative and willingness to learn and adapt to new processes or work content
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.