Business Intelligence IT
The world leader in
beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32
international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one
business: beauty, with a
mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around
the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020
is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the
cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and
desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical
sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50%
since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we
are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
What are key highlights of
The Business Intelligence IT function is a vital part of the L’Oréal
UK & Ireland IT Hub organization (covering UK, Ireland, South Africa and
the Middle East) and the Business Intelligence (BI) IT Manager is the chief
actor within this function.
We are in the process of migrating from a legacy SAP BW
environment, to an evolving Microsoft / Informatica based BI platform, so are
in a period of significant change and exciting, yet challenging project delivery
as we move our businesses though this transition and further mature the
The BI IT Manager needs to balance their time, focusing on
stakeholder engagement, project delivery and team management whilst providing outstanding
The BI IT Manager needs to have a solid appreciation for how technology
can add value and improve productivity within the business, working both on
local initiatives and partnering closely with L’Oreal EMEA / Global IT to
delivery group BI initiatives and adhering to group standards. You must be
comfortable in working with business partners at all levels within the organization,
be adept at managing multiple parallel BI initiatives, whilst being fully
coherent with all relevant technologies in order to validate, direct and effectively
interact with both internal and external IT specialist.
This is a 14-month interim position, providing maternity
cover for the UKI BI Manager.
To fill this position, we are looking for someone with strong
experience within a Business Intelligence / Sales and Marketing IT environment,
with a proven background in delivering projects and managing teams (directly or
through projects) and vendors.
The Business Intelligence IT Managers responsibilities are
- Manage L’Oreal UKI’s Microsoft and SAP BW Business
- Manage the Business Intelligence IT Team
- Project Delivery (all business and IT projects as agreed and
prioritised with Mancom)
- Organisation Development (develop a performance culture,
develop individuals and alignment to strategies)
- Ensure reporting system availability with high standards of data
quality, performance and resilience
- IT Vendor management (strategic and tactical vendor
- Budget Management (close management and optimisation of
- Promote the image of IT in the business
- Manage all aspects of the Business Intelligence IT team
within the L’Oreal UK IT Hub
- Deliver projects as outlined within the budget and
prioritised with the business (on-time, on-scope, in-budget)
- Identify and implement opportunities to leverage IT in order
to help drive the business forward, (continued roll-out of Reporting, common
reporting standards, support brand / division launches and acquisitions, business
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve efficiency /
productivity, re-investing benefits into improving the services / projects
delivered by IT (drive mutualisation, drive optimisation of Reporting systems
and processes, leverage and deliver group initiatives and functionalities)
- Provide input, plan and manage the IT Capital and Expense
budget for the Business Intelligence IT team (project identification,
estimation, business case, project tracking.
Full familiarity of all components of the expense budget, with regular
reviews to ensure that tracking is in-line with budget)
- Build a strong working relationship with the L’Oreal UK, Ireland
and South Africa businesses, promoting IT as a true business partner.
- Build a strong network within Paris and a strong community
with the other IT groups within Europe (leveraging ideas, opportunities for
- Develop a performance culture within the team, with shared
vision, understanding and objectives
- Develop team members to maximise potential.
- Strong experience of BI project delivery within a fast paced,
ideally FMCG or retail environment.
- Experience of BI technologies, especially Microsoft BI (SAP
BW an advantage)
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills, able to work with
people at all levels of the business
- Strong people management skills (internals, externals,
business project team members etc)
- Self-confident team leader who is comfortable interacting
with people at all levels, with good interpersonal skills and professionalism.
- Curious, open-minded and creative, you are willing to put
forward innovative ideas which will bring real business benefits.
- Drive and motivation to ensure solutions are developed
quickly and efficiently.
- Act & lead with human sensitivity
- Manage complexity
- Achieve results with integrity
- Interact effectively
- Sensitivity to the metier
What could L’Oréal offer me?
- World class training and development
- Excellent benefits including pension, profit share and product
discounts and a competitive salary
- Work with some of the biggest brands in the business, and the
most passionate people in beauty.
- The opportunity to lead change you want to see within the
biggest beauty company in the world.