The position is based in El Segundo, CA.
NYX Professional Makeup, part of L'Oreal USA, is seeking a highly organized and self-motivated individual to join our family as Buyer / CM Purchasing for Purchasing Department. The Buyer will be responsible for day-to-day communications with vendors and maintain a healthy vendor relationship. The Buyer will also work closely with vendors on all new launch projects in terms of supplier sourcing selection, quotation review, cost negotiation, and capacity planning. Internally, buyer will work collaborate with Development, Quality, and Purchasing planning team to ensure new launch success. This position is an essential part of company operations and organization skills are highly valued.
- Pre-qualifying and auditing new suppliers for potential future business expansion
- Costing and benchmarking studies in pre-development phase
- Guide supplier on completing NYX quotation Negotiate pricing on cost decrease as needed.
- File away approved quotations both physically and systematically and maintains cost records.
- Maintain new project status sheet to track weekly changes and purchasing completeness of new launch sku.
- Track purchasing completeness on New Item log for all new Launches in terms of Quotation approval, System Costing, Kcode status and Purchasing commitment made to supplier.
- Act as key contact for Development on new product launches.
- Communicate with supplier in completing Logistic Specs for all new launches.
- Validate supplier capacities, identify potential risks and recommend mitigation plan.
- Keep track of version and detail changes associated with each product version.
- Initiate and lead cost reduction projects through negotiation and new project execution to meet annual goals.
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Supply Chain or Purchasing or similar role in another comparable fast-paced industry. Candidates with Cosmetics/Beauty experience are highly preferred.
- Experience in working with manufacturers and understand of production is a major PLUS.
- Knowledge in importing process is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of management.
- Attention to detail, meticulous and accuracy when working with data is a must.
- Highly organized and self-motivated with minimal supervision with ability to multi-task in a fast paced working environment and passion for beauty.
- Proficient in computer operations, especially Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Proficiency in Mandarin is highly preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.