L’Oreal Americas Purchasing Business Team Buyer
We are looking for an experienced Buyer to join our NYX Professional Make-up team in the Consumer Products Division of L’Oréal USA. You are expected to demonstrate a high level of analytical, and financial competency as well as excellent communication skills in order to promote a positive working relationship with business partners and suppliers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for purchasing financial performance including monthly variance reporting, and development of purchasing trends/budgets
- Initiate and lead cost reduction projects through negotiation and new project execution to meet annual goals
- Prepare and participate in cost of goods analysis meetings with senior management
- Act as key contact for Development on new product launches
- Define standard budget costs consistent with Cost Estimates and Standard Setting guidelines
- Prepare RFQ, analyze supplier cost breakdowns, using internal and external benchmarks
- Validate supplier capacities, identify potential risks and recommend mitigation plan
- Present supplier award recommendation in line with global and local category strategies
- Provide Operational assistance to meet service level goals.
Qualifications and Educational Background
- Bachelor’s degree required in Finance/Engineering/Supply Chain or similar discipline
- + 2 years purchasing experience
- High degree of financial and analytical aptitude a must
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Exceptionally strong Excel and MS office skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to handle various situations, multiple priorities, changing business needs as well as the diverse personalities within L’Oreal and the supplier community.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.