Purpose of the role:
Develop and execute The Body Shop CRM and Email marketing strategies in support of retail stores and ecommerce with a focus on developing innovative programs that acquire new customers while increasing spend, tenure, and profitability of existing customers. Additionally, this role will oversee all aspects of the company’s multi-channel loyalty program. This role will work closely with organization stakeholders and cross-functional leaders including members from Ecommerce, Commercial, Brand, IT, Legal and Finance. Responsible for assessing new trends in CRM and Email Marketing and building long term strategy for company as it relates to customer contact and driving loyalty. Manage expenses within budget.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Develop and manage an email campaign strategy that includes segmentation of commercial, brand and trigger emails to different customer groups to optimize sales and retention Responsible for driving sales and loyalty for the company using email, sales for both ecommerce and stores.
- Provide strategic leadership on direction of the email marketing program, including email template design, dynamic email personalization, content strategy, mobile optimization, and coordination with other digital channels
- Define approaches to email segmentation and targeting, measure, and optimize. Develop and lead execution of email test plans, measurement, and internal communication.
- Responsible for email database growth, develop new programs and partnerships to profitably acquire new customers and grow the customer database. Identify and test opportunities to incorporate prospecting into existing programs.
- Master the use of email and CRM technologies, databases and platforms, pursue improvement options.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Responsible for maintaining the ethical standards of The Body Shop including minimizing the environmental, health and safety risks in the workplace. Report potential risks, near misses and real accidents to relevant managers.
Working Relationships & Interfaces (where applicable):
- Shop operations
- International IT & CRM
- Email vendor (Windsor Circle, Responsys)
- 3-5 years of experience managing CRM and email programs across multiple channels of distribution.
- Experience working within a retail multichannel CRM program with a focus on customer acquisition, retention and segmentation.
- Thorough understanding and background in trigger-based, blast, and targeted email campaigns and platforms.
- Expert in email best practices including contact strategies, design, A/B testing, delivery and deliverability issues, CAN-SPAM compliance and related rules, customer segmentation, and analytics/performance management
- Previous email marketing & acquisition experience, working with creative development and campaign analysis experience are all required.
- Analytical experience using data to drive strategy and decision-making is also required.
- Passion for the digital marketing space with a solid understanding of direct marketing principles and research techniques
- A proven track record of converting marketing plans in to measurable results with specific KPI’s – sales, traffic, and transaction value.
- Experience developing and implementing in store loyalty customer events to drive traffic to stores and convert into sales.
- Experience managing and implementing a customer loyalty program
- Strong attention to details
- Experience using analytics tools like Google Analytics and Siebel
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline (i.e. Business Studies, Marketing, Operations, Sales, Economics)